Roadster pickup build, take two.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your radiator must be smaller than mine. I wanted to mount mine under the rail but the BB Walker only had 3/8" clearance on both sides so I wound up mounting it to the top... oh well!

BoB

Bob, I wanted to get the most radiator in there I could, so I had PRC build mine to go below the frame, that way I picked up about 3 inches more radiator.

I see.

Now you have me looking for a bit/tap combination. [cl

I had never seen one of those, and it was really slick. I guess they come in a lot of different thread sizes, he used a 10-32 to drill and tap mine. All he did was drill the hole, keep pushing a little further while the tap cut the threads, and he was done. Then he reversed the drill and backed out the tap.

I think it might be that those work on aluminum better than steel, but I could be wrong. This guy builds marine fuel tanks, T Tops, towers, and everything else out of aluminum, so that is what I saw him drilling on my own tank.

I was a bit upset when you put the RPU on the shelf. It is my favorite build coming out of your shop. Sure glad you are finishing it.

Thanks, bob. It will be nice to have one with opening doors, I am getting too old to climb over the side of my 27.

Here are some old pictures. Some of them are when I had the Olds engine in it. Now I have a 350 Chevy. The Olds was breaking me financially, and the Chevy will be easier to get parts for.

Attachments

• myrpuoutside022.jpg
    myrpuoutside022.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 47
  • myrputonneaucover2.jpg
    myrputonneaucover2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 44
  • myrputonneaucover5-1.jpg
    myrputonneaucover5-1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 39
  • rpuframebackfrompowdercoater001_zps1f9d001a.jpg
    rpuframebackfrompowdercoater001_zps1f9d001a.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 44
Go to Amazon Prime. They have dozens of different brands with free shipping. Grainger wanted $11 to ship 2 bits:eek:

Wow, thanks for digging those up. I got a new computer a while back, and a lot of my old pictures are still in the old computer, so I will have to extract those and move them to this computer.

I appreciate you doing that, and the compliment !

Progress is Good [P[P[P[P

Yep, and I better get moving........I just did the math and I only have 125 days until Turkey Run at Thanksgiving, and a whole lot to do !

Part of me says to just put it together as it appears in the picture below, throw some homemade upholstery in there (Mexican blankets or similar) and then finish it up better later on. But part of me knows that once I have it on the road, it ain't coming apart again to do any painting or real upholstery.

In the meantime, my electric fan and a couple of other parts are coming today, and I got my transmission pan dropped yesterday and installed the Lokar short dipstick on the transmission, so I am closer to being able to fire it up for the first time.

I might just put the car on the road like this:

Attachments

• myrpuoutside022.jpg
    myrpuoutside022.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 103
From my "For what it's worth " file.
At this point in my life, a car on the road is worth two in the shop.:eek: [ddd
I'd get it together and drive the wheels off of it.
It's going to look great not matter how you do it.[cl :D :cool:
JMHO.....
[P [P [P
Torchie

Don, I have to put rules on myself like you do. If I get a vehicle sort of roadworthy and start driving it; it's not coming back into the shop to get fixed up right, so I better get it done right before it leaves the shop. Torchie has a point, though, we don't have that many 'ten year' projects left in us. Anyhow, good luck, and keep on tinkering. It's the tinkering that keeps us going.

Latest posts

Back