Earthman asked "Covid how are you affected?"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad your mom doing ok Dozer. I'm out of quarantine, tested negative. Dad's friend moved into adult care first week of November, positive by Christmas.

If you are old and not in good health, this disease can be deadly. For everyone else that isn't true. I've spent a fair amount of time analyzing this situation and can cite lots of statistics people don't want to hear.

Personally, I've had two open heart surgeries, 6 stents, A stroke, two deep vein thrombosis, two forms of cancer, and numerous less serious problems and surgeries. I no longer run scared. Respect this disease? Yes. Fear it? No.

Thank you Bob. [cl

Good news here Mom has made it through covid, her symptoms never got very bad and tomorrow she will be allowed out of quarantine. Thanks to everyone for the support.

I have been going every 3 to 4 weeks for a test even though I am very careful. Went Thursday and tested positive. No symptoms but I am on quarantine for 10 days. My Wife is waiting for her results. She had the vaccine and is due for her 2nd this coming week. Jim

The media doesn't report the success stories.

Glad all of you that have been infected, and your relatives, are doing better.

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while! In response to the covid question, I've had it twice! 1st time left me short of breath for a month or so. The 2nd time did the same thing, but its taken my drive and ambition. Retirement is now on my mind a lot! Love my job, but it's taking all I can do to go everyday.. fortunately I didn't get it as bad as a lot of folks! Everyone take care of yourselves and keep safe

I was thinking if you had it once you would build up antibodies to ward off getting it again [S
Getting it once is bad, Twice is bad x2.:(
Good Vibs coming for a quick recovery!!

I have been going every 3 to 4 weeks for a test even though I am very careful. Went Thursday and tested positive. No symptoms but I am on quarantine for 10 days. My Wife is waiting for her results. She had the vaccine and is due for her 2nd this coming week. Jim
Took the 3 day test after the rapid and was negative. Found out that the rapids are not that accurate when asymptomatic. Jim

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while! In response to the covid question, I've had it twice! 1st time left me short of breath for a month or so. The 2nd time did the same thing, but its taken my drive and ambition. Retirement is now on my mind a lot! Love my job, but it's taking all I can do to go everyday.. fortunately I didn't get it as bad as a lot of folks! Everyone take care of yourselves and keep safe

Wow, that is scary. But glad to see you fared better than a lot of others have (so have I). How far apart were the infections ? They say we have some immunity after having it once, but there have been cases, like yours, where someone got it twice.

Even though I am pretty much over it, I am still masking and generally staying away from others. I have not worked since last Spring, and I do not intend on going back any time soon. I am like you, I did have two very bad nights, but then I started to get better after that. Now my only real symptoms are that I could sleep 24 hours a day if I could.

Took the 3 day test after the rapid and was negative. Found out that the rapids are not that accurate when asymptomatic. Jim

You are right. When Dan and I went the same time to be tested, I tested positive and he tested negative right there in the office. But the Doctor said he felt Dan was positive because we live together, so he sent off the sample for the 3 day test, and sure enough, he came back positive too.

So those rapid tests are a crap shoot.

Wow, that is scary. But glad to see you fared better than a lot of others have (so have I). How far apart were the infections ? They say we have some immunity after having it once, but there have been cases, like yours, where someone got it twice.
Don. My oldest daughter was in New York working last March when all of this really busted loose.
She and a number of her friends got it by abou the 3rd week of march, as I recall.
Had her blood tested about 3-4 weeks ago and still showed signs of the anti bodies. So 9 months plus. She was as surprised as anybody.
I suspect it will vary from person to person, plus I believe it may take a while for the antibodies to show up??
Safety first.
Torchie

Don. My oldest daughter was in New York working last March when all of this really busted loose.
She and a number of her friends got it by abou the 3rd week of march, as I recall.
Had her blood tested about 3-4 weeks ago and still showed signs of the anti bodies. So 9 months plus. She was as surprised as anybody.
I suspect it will vary from person to person, plus I believe it may take a while for the antibodies to show up??
Safety first.
Torchie

I'm glad she is fine. Last night I asked my son Dan if he was still experiencing any symptoms, and he said the only thing left was fatigue....he can't get enough sleep, and I feel the same way myself.

Went in Saturday morning and I tested negative for the virus.
The reason for the test is, I'm going in tomorrow morning for a complete knee replacement on my left side.

Latest posts

Back