28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' good Dozer... maybe put a drop on the bar something like this ?

91131805_L_f2b65879-107b-44c4-b168-78ffa0ca8a77.jpg

Took FBG's idea and built a light bar. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

And the Ford 9"I picked up for $100. Bonus it has a centered pinion.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of light bar 001.JPG
    Resize of light bar 001.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Resize of light bar 002.JPG
    Resize of light bar 002.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Resize of light bar 003.JPG
    Resize of light bar 003.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Resize of light bar 004.JPG
    Resize of light bar 004.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 82
Thanks Bob, ya the Binder is pretty cool

No I won't be, I still have to find some lights.
If you are interested in the 11" (I think) originals, I have a pretty nice set that I found at a yard sale a couple three years ago. They are really not to my taste, but I couldn't pass them up. I also have another set that I was never able to identify that are the same size, but have some fancy sculpting on them.

Wow that didn't take long ;) I bet you already had it done...:D
nice find on the rear....do you know what it came out of?
head light bar looks really good...[cl[cl

I started on the bar right after you put the idea in my head. The Diff is out of a 75 Merc Monarch that had a 351

The front fenders really look good

Thanks Old Iron

If you are interested in the 11" (I think) originals, I have a pretty nice set that I found at a yard sale a couple three years ago. They are really not to my taste, but I couldn't pass them up. I also have another set that I was never able to identify that are the same size, but have some fancy sculpting on them.

Thanks Skip I'm thinking a smaller 7-8"light will look better, once I get it as a roller can start working on the cosmetics.

Coming along nicely Dozer![cl

Thanks smallfoot

The grand plan

The wife and I have discussed the bucket list extensively,and #1 is to build the Fast Four and either build or buy a tear drop trailer to pull behind it. As soon as I retire we want to take the carvan to California in April and start Route 66 to Chicago, then to the east coast Maine New Hamshire then up to the Maritimes in Canada and west back home. Figure 4 months,its a big plan but one I’m hoping we can complete.

This Size?

A friend has a full fendered '29 (the pictured rod is not his) and he uses two 6" chrome motorcycle headlights & it looks just great.

Attachments

• ThisSize..JPG
    ThisSize..JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 23
You guys got it, I don't want headlights so big they take over the look of the front of the car.
Tractor headlight. :D They have about a 4-inch lens. But they might not put out enough light for the highway. But you could maybe stack two on each side.

Tractor headlight. :D They have about a 4-inch lens. But they might not put out enough light for the highway. But you could maybe stack two on each side.

I'm thinking something in the 7"range, a friend has a shed full of them I have to go look at.

Your old Dodge is taking shape nicely. Nothing better than a Dodge IMHO.

Thanks Pops

Latest posts

Back