another newbie joins the ranks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowman

Hi fellow rats I am the most recently rust infected rat to come on board. I must admit that it took a little while when I seen my first rat rod and wondered why. But once you really start to look at them the why turned into wow. There are so many options for creativity and personalization. Once that sunk in I knew I had to have one. Not just to have one but to make my own. So next month I am heading to Nova Scotia to scope out my possible build. I know guy with 2 1950 International trucks. One a 1/2 TON AND 1 A 3/4 ton. i think that there will be enough metal there to build a solid cab and box bed.He also has a 1966 meteor with a big block 390 so I am thinking of using that as my power train and chassis. So there is one more rat in eastern Canada and I hope to send some pictures in next month about my find.
I know there is a tremendous amount of knowledge within the members of this forum so I hope you do not mind helping out a new rat with limited wrenching skills.

Crowman

Welcome from sunny Michigan...

Nice to have you aboard....hope you find what your looking for....keep us informed....and lots of Pic's when you find it..

"You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant" Welcome to RRR, the Alice's Restaurant of hot rod forums. More talent in one place than anywhere on the net! Welcome from Flawda! Sounds like you have some ideas and possibilities for a great start...

Howdy and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. Make sure you come home with that '66 Meteor 390, because they have the coolest valve covers. They are tall, have Mercury scrolled into them, and have a lightning bolt like this.
Good Luck.

Attachments

• chrome FEtappetcovers.jpg
    chrome FEtappetcovers.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back