Tripper takes a trip! ; - >

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well it was my wife's family reunion this weekend in Luling, Texas. As u probably know all Texicans have horses, cows, oil wells & $$$ trees in our back yards!!! ; - >

Luling is a very well known for it's gas wells! All jokin' aside... gas wells r *everywhere*... even in the middle of downtown. These old gas wells leak *so* bad you can smell the leaking natural gas at least 10 miles from town. This part of Tejas is also good huntin' grounds for old tin so I spent about 10 hours runnin' down dinky 'lil country roads. Here are some fotos I took while huntin'! 1st though I'm gonna post some crazy decorated gas pumps in downtown Luling. The "Car Jack" leaks *so* bad I am surprised it doesn't just blow up! Always gives me a headache when I visit there!

BoB

Attachments

• carjack.jpg
    carjack.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 65
  • planejack.jpg
    planejack.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 67
On backroads!

Here are some I spotted on the backroads of Luling, an old bridge we crossed & an old Gulf station In Round Top, Tx.!

Attachments

• fordtruckbackroad.jpg
    fordtruckbackroad.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 45
  • backroadchev.jpg
    backroadchev.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 50
  • bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 42
  • oldsonroad.jpg
    oldsonroad.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 50
  • gulfstation.jpg
    gulfstation.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 51
Junkyard score!

I also ran across these guys with some old tin on our way back on Hwy 290 for u Texicans... their phone # is... 512.581.2802

BoB

Attachments

• 00Ford.jpg
    00Ford.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 50chev.jpg
    50chev.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 40
  • cdan+stang.jpg
    cdan+stang.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 42
  • chevpufenced.jpg
    chevpufenced.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 28
  • chevpuhoodup.jpg
    chevpuhoodup.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 44
More rust yard!

More rust yard!

Attachments

• cowl&more.jpg
    cowl&more.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 36
  • falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 31
  • fordwagon.jpg
    fordwagon.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 31
  • pucab.jpg
    pucab.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 45
  • carsnfield.jpg
    carsnfield.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 29
Did you bring home a care package for your friends?

Flatster,
I'm gonna call those guys tomorrow & see what's up & will report back. I could kikk myself... there was a '64 Chev PU right across the street from the reunion that was Fer Sale - $250. Nice body not really all that rough & no motor... but hey... price was right! Can NOT believe I didn't take a picture of it. Might go back in a month or so.

BoB

Everytime I see pictures like these, it drives me nuts. When I lived in Pennsylvania I used to take long Sunday drives with the family into small mountain towns and scout out stuff like you pictured. Down here in Florida there is none of this stuff sitting around anywhere. At least none that I have been able to find. Even the out of the way places are devoid of old tin.

I really envy you guys.

Don

yikes! i don't know if i could live somewhere like that. long term health affects? The old tin is cool though, and lets not talk about three car trailers, i'd be in serious trouble if i had one of those.

that isnt rust down there those cars are BURNT from the hot freakin sun. g/f has told me all about Tejas. Here in Washington we dont Tan we Rust down there they dont rust its Tan hehehe Thanks BoB for the Pics, I LOVE the lil Gas station and I wouldnt mind that dark tan 49-50 Chevy coupe in the pics

Jim

well thats good i guess, since we wont be needing the room to store it i guess we don't have to upgrade and buy a big house out in the country yet :D

Where's that fan!

that isnt rust down there those cars are BURNT from the hot freakin sun. g/f has told me all about Tejas. Here in Washington we dont Tan we Rust down there they dont rust its Tan hehehe Thanks BoB for the Pics, I LOVE the lil Gas station and I wouldn't mind that dark tan 49-50 Chevy coupe in the pics

Yeah, u best have a *very* good cooling system down here! Over 100 for weeks on end & if u get stuck in traffic...

A/C was definitely invented by someone down here!!!

BoB

your killing me with this stuff , in Florida they just mow down all the trees , pave it and build condos , nothing like that here

your killing me with this stuff , in Florida they just mow down all the trees , pave it and build condos , nothing like that here

One would think that the southern part of Florida was uninhabited until the 1980's. There's no history to be seen here for the most part.

Latest posts

Back