Gastrick returns!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's tough when we start getting older and family and friends start to leave us. Glad to see you're back. Sorry to hear about your folks.

welcome back friend, sorry about your mom and dad. i lost my dad a little over a year ago and miss the hell out of him. peace be with you.

2016 was a bad year for us also. I lost my mother, my 58 year old brother and my wife's sister, who was also her best friend.
But, we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start a new project.

Looking forward to see what you have planned.

Unfortunately death and money brings out people's true nature. They might have hidden it before. Best thing for your own sanity is to just pick the few things that are really important to you and let the rest go. After my dad passed my mom was hell bent on selling off everything including tools and machinery that was mine or dad's friends. I moved my stuff out and just let her do what she wanted. It took about 7 years for our relationship to come back around to tolerable but I was secure in my knowledge that I took the high road.

I didn't get to make your acquaintance before your departure,
but welcome back it's a great place to be.....sorry for your loss...........

same goes for me... welcome back!
I hope you get things sorted so you get to keep house & shop... crappy stories...been there done that :rolleyes:

Unfortunately death and money brings out people's true nature. They might have hidden it before. Best thing for your own sanity is to just pick the few things that are really important to you and let the rest go. After my dad passed my mom was hell bent on selling off everything including tools and machinery that was mine or dad's friends. I moved my stuff out and just let her do what she wanted. It took about 7 years for our relationship to come back around to tolerable but I was secure in my knowledge that I took the high road.

Fortunately the only things I wanted are momentos or antiques nobody else is interest in so I'm good there

I had the good fortune that my parents didn't have anything. But 5 of us kids and none of us would have fought over anything. It's sad familys go that direction. More because of the damaged relationships than it is about "stuff". But you have the Willys and that's way more than I got of my dad, count yourself fortunate.

Unfortunately death and money brings out people's true nature.

It's called GREED. (I'd tell a nasty story, but I'll hold my tongue, 'cuz it'll **ss me off all over again. :mad:)

Gas: I know you'll do a great job with the Willys and I'll look forward to your build thread...

Not sure if my Willys plan will go over real big but I'll post up the project when I get going. Still gathering some parts. Full factory trim including bumpers but sitting low with huge rear tires and some hp. Already have everything planned just like I want it.

Latest posts

Back