My version of a 46 chevy pu

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic looking truck you have there! One of the better IFS trucks ive seen!
What size air lines and valves are you using? Thats a perfect speed for airing up and dropping the truck!
What is that compressor? That thing is HUGE!
That engine sounds great! What is it? Did you baffle the exhaust at all?

Im building a 50 international that's going to be bagged. Hopefully mine will look as good as yours :)

Attachments

• 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 83
Fantastic looking truck you have there! One of the better IFS trucks ive seen!
What size air lines and valves are you using? Thats a perfect speed for airing up and dropping the truck!
What is that compressor? That thing is HUGE!
That engine sounds great! What is it? Did you baffle the exhaust at all?

Im building a 50 international that's going to be bagged. Hopefully mine will look as good as yours :)

Thanks,Im using 3/8 line, comp is an Extreme aire,The valves are a pack unit, keeps it compact and clean.I put a slowdown on the valves exaust side to adjust the speed.
http://www.4by4connection.com/exsev12volai.html
http://www.airbagit.com/v/vspfiles/pages/AirValves_PAGE.html
Engine is a '96 GM 5.0 W/5 spd.
I used Speedway lake header kit with VW stinger baffles.
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC-D-2538

And one last question.
How's the ride with the bags? I'm hoping mine will ride real nice with bags. What kind of pressures do you run in the front and back?

It rides pretty good for as short of wheelbase it is.I didnt put gauges on so I dont know actual psi. I usually just slam it then bring it up a couple of inches in the front and in the rear go all the way up then let it off to soften the ride.

Not really, I paid very close attention to keeping the posts straight. I did get just a little teeter on the passenger side but nothing major.

I did too but the peak at the top of the windshield isn't as sharp as the peak at the bottm and I didn't change anything there but now it won't let the glass lay right

Ill check your build thread stick some pics up may can see whats going on.
How did you correct the offset? Did you bow your window frame maybe? You should be able to use a straight edge and where the two intersect is where the seam has to be.Are you glueing the glass in?

Attachments

• top3.jpg
    top3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 88
  • cab1.jpg
    cab1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 94
Ill check your build thread stick some pics up may can see whats going on.
How did you correct the offset? Did you bow your window frame maybe? You should be able to use a straight edge and where the two intersect is where the seam has to be.Are you glueing the glass in?

I don't have a frame mine was too shot to use - Yeah the glass will be glued in with the black rubber seal around it

I was wondering if it is because I am not using a window frame - When we cut the top we used rod to keep everything lined up and the other thought I has was that it is off due to the amount of chop I did

Probably what has happened,you put a twist in the window frame.If the rear of the cab is higher or lower it changes the top peak location so it sorta puts a twist in what should be a flat on all four sides.With a really low chop its hard to see if the posts have a slight bow causing the twist.

Last edited:
Probably what has happened,you put a swist in the window frame.If the rear of the cab is higher or lower it changes the top peak location so it sorta puts a swist it what should be a flat on all four sides.With a really low chop its hard to see if the posts have a slight bow causing the swist.

The rear window fits perfect I am just at a loss as to what to do with the windshield now :(

I just read through the whole post and I see you are using a 74 courier frame I am using a 72 courier frame under my 37 chevy build. I am glad to see something similar to what i am building i was worried about it not looking good with the idependent suspension in the front but I like the way it looks on yours.

I just read the build on your 46 truck .

I'm building a fenderless 50 Chevy bobber . I have a NOVA clip welded into my 50 chassis , using the independent front suspension . I have a problem that the distance from the front wheels to the firewall is too short making it look out of whack .

If I can ask your opinion , would I be OK moving my cab back toward the rear giving me some distance there ? Of course I'd move the engine back to accommodate but need the truck to have the right stance .

Your truck turned out great and the stance on it is perfect .

Thx
Gonzo

I just read the build on your 46 truck .

I'm building a fenderless 50 Chevy bobber . I have a NOVA clip welded into my 50 chassis , using the independent front suspension . I have a problem that the distance from the front wheels to the firewall is too short making it look out of whack .

If I can ask your opinion , would I be OK moving my cab back toward the rear giving me some distance there ? Of course I'd move the engine back to accommodate but need the truck to have the right stance .

Your truck turned out great and the stance on it is perfect .

Thx
Gonzo

Not all front ends are created equal.You'll have a hard time getting the look you want with the nova sus,like the S10 they dont look as well going fenderless.You can move the cab back but the frame gets wider as you go back causing some mounting problems.Some guys have used extended cab
S10 frames and slide the cab back but you still have the front suspension that is not very appealing.My 53 build is on a s10 frame but im not going fenderless.You might google rods on s10 frame to get ideas how your will look.

Latest posts

Back