new cirlce/oval track class idea

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
new cirlce/oval track class idea,

what do you guys on here think of something along the line of group/class of cars that travel around the country, BUT, use the chassis of a nascar or that genre and the body style full size cars from 1955 to 1977.

there's a lot of chassis a few years old still safe to race but all the new rules in nascar they just sit and rot away.

loosen up the 9OOO thousand and one rule book to a common sense rule book with no height/ride crap, any small block you want to run, any tire company that meets the speed saftey standards, spoilers and put the ingenuity and fun back in and reward it, not penalize it.

l would watch the heck outta it, not one person would dominant because of the variety ideas and cars.

AMC, pontiac, plymouth and many others, maybe 1956 stude or 1955-1956 packard, be cool to see all the different makes running together on a track [;)

Later :cool:

Attachments

• ford race car2.jpg
    ford race car2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 15
  • nascar coke car.jpg
    nascar coke car.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 13
  • nascar coke car 2.jpg
    nascar coke car 2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 13
  • amc nascar.jpg
    amc nascar.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
borrowed

heck, even have a truck class.

Attachments

• ford race truck2.jpg
    ford race truck2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 14
  • ford race truck3.jpg
    ford race truck3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
  • ford race truck4.jpg
    ford race truck4.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1975 chevy truck.jpg
    1975 chevy truck.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
i quit watching nascar when they stopped using real car bodies, so i'm interested in seeing where this goes.

I had the same thought years ago and mentioned it on a nascar discussion one time. All I ever heard was crickets. I think it would be a great idea, only problem would be finding suitable bodies. I know repo 55 and 57 Chevys are available in steel, not much else out there.

Wait a minute...... You mean like "Real"racing.[ddd
Nascar lost me years ago. It's like watching cloned rats race.:p
You could find more car bodies then you would think.Still yards out there that have them.
I'd be down for this.
Once it became popular the "sanctioning" bodies would swoop in and call it Vintage racing. Then raise the cost and start to add rules......:mad:
One of my dreams is to just buy about 200 acres in the middle of now where and set up my own oval dirt track and a strip. Just run for free and let people have a good time.
Until some one sues me.....:eek: :rolleyes:
I know there are a few places that do this.
Torchie

bodies

the one that most tracks run are fiberglass, carbon fiber or "beat it till it looks right" method,

the level of talent is out there to make bodies around this concept, have them real close to the real body you use, but not to excating tolerances.

seen the guy in cali with his one man shop on t v do awsome things with metal. he took a toy VW van and zoomed metal, moved metal & beat metal around till it looked like the toy.

k l S S rule book and get the big wigs out.

just my dream, if l hit the mega millions l will get ahold of y'all and we'ed go racin':D

somebody posted a link to a 55 chevy two door style and i believe a 55 wagon sheet metal stock car bodies, but i can't find it.

Latest posts

Back