Home made panel clamps

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

With our crappy Canadian dollar and large shipping charges I couldn't justify ordering panel clamps. The other day I was on a new oil lease and there was a 12"chunk of this conduit mounting bar on the propane tank I was filling. I went to chuck it in the pile of scrape that was there, but looked at the profile and immediately thought panel clamps.
After 40 minutes I had 5 of theses.

In use

I haven't finished them yet, but started making some for a closer gap than allowed by the ones I got from Harbor Freight. (Using that steel strapping they use on pallets.)

Good idea! I've seen those clamps on the top side of a panel and wondered how they worked. What did you use on the bottom side?
I may have to make me some of those up.[cl

Thanks guys

Close enuff to work! Look for some wing nuts to replace the hex nuts and call it good.

Picked up some wing nuts this afternoon.

Good idea! I've seen those clamps on the top side of a panel and wondered how they worked. What did you use on the bottom side?
I may have to make me some of those up.[cl

1/4"steel rod

If you are close to a HF, they are cheaper than making them. That said, Using the conduit hanging stock would allow a fella to make some bigger ones.

I like the idea of the banding for a tighter fit, too. Not sure where it would be needed, but one never knows.

If you are close to a HF, they are cheaper than making them. That said, Using the conduit hanging stock would allow a fella to make some bigger ones.

I like the idea of the banding for a tighter fit, too. Not sure where it would be needed, but one never knows.

No Harbour Frieght up here and the equivalent Princes Auto wants $5.50 each plus frieght.

Lazze sells 2 hole tabs tha you can use with cleco's or drill point screws. Rod Doc on metalmeet has a lot of info on no gap tig. High speed and it looks like an x ray weld with no distortion . Cris at UVU has a youtube of No gap tig called the corect use of cleco;s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUH4aRPX4F4

That fellow has some real good videos and tools[dr[dr

Latest posts

Back