Don's Rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, it feels like I never left ! :D So many familiar faces still around.

BTW, I don't know if any of you knew him or not, he posted mainly on the HAMB, under the user name Langy, but Steve Lang passed away about a year ago. He was a good friend from England, who visited us every year or so, but he came down with a fast spreading Cancer and was gone in a year.

He owned Langys Speed Shop over there, and was a fantastic fabricator. There is nothing he could not make or build. I miss sharing a few ciders with Steve, he was one of a kind. Sue, his mate, has sold off most of his collection, and she was heartbroken to lose him and to see the things he loved go.

Life is so short and we need to enjoy every little bit of it that we are given.

Life is so short and we need to enjoy every little bit of it that we are given.

Tell me about it! I'm on a FB page with my fellow high school classmates... we're all about 70 +/- and someone posts regularly that another one's left us!

BoB

Tell me about it! I'm on a FB page with my fellow high school classmates... we're all about 70 +/- and someone posts regularly that another one's left us!

BoB

I know, Bob. About 20 years ago, after my divorce, I was going to go back to the first ever class reunion I would attend. I spoke to the lady classmate who was arranging everything, and when I asked about this person or that person, they were either dead or in really bad physical shape.

I was so depressed that I never went. I prefer to remember them like they were years ago.

I know, Bob. About 20 years ago, after my divorce, I was going to go back to the first ever class reunion I would attend. I spoke to the lady classmate who was arranging everything, and when I asked about this person or that person, they were either dead or in really bad physical shape.

I was so depressed that I never went. I prefer to remember them like they were years ago.

Don, I never went to any either for that same reason.

Yep, some things are best left in the past. My sons and I went out the other night for Fathers day, and while eating dinner, Don asked me about my best friends when I was growing up. I told him who they were, and that we have lost touch over the years. He asked me if I had any desire to hook back up with them, and I gave him that same answer......some things are best left in the past.

I've changed, they've changed, it would not be the same as it was, and I like the good memories I have of us being friends and the things we did together. I would not want to spoil that by trying to reconnect at this stage of my life.

My buddies hassled me until I said I'd go to our 50th reunion recently. OMG what a freaky scene. Some of the hottest chicks were nearly unrecognizable (and not in a good way) & the guys didn't fare that well either. Same old cliques of course. Our class was around 650 & they had a display of all our classmates that are no longer with us... sad! I was really glad when that was over! One of the girls got totally smashed & hurled all over the girls restroom so bad they had to close it down! Just like the good ol daze!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

My buddies hassled me until I said I'd go to our 50th reunion recently. OMG what a freaky scene. Some of the hottest chicks were nearly unrecognizable (and not in a good way) & the guys didn't fare that well either. Same old cliques of course. Our class was around 650 & they had a display of all our classmates that are no longer with us... sad! I was really glad when that was over! One of the girls got totally smashed & hurled all over the girls restroom so bad they had to close it down! Just like the good ol daze!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Hahaha, bet that was a blast ! :D Only upside would be, I could probably get lucky with some of those hot chicks that wouldn't have anything to do with me in HS ! :D

We had a 5 year reunion, it turned out so bad there has never been another. Was 41 years this year. Most of the 25 of them I haven't seen in that 41 years. I was friends with some of them on facebook, then decided I hadn't seen them in years, why would I want to now? Unfriended every one of them, if they are interested in me they can look me up, I'm not holding my breath. Like was said, i'll just keep my memories from back then.

I attended my 55 year (1959)reunion a few years ago. A third of the class of 400 has passed away, a third either couldn't be found or didn't want to attend and a third attended. After everyone got through their medical reports we all had a good time.
I see a couple of my high school classmates that are still into hot rods as well as a couple college friends.
My high school was different than most as we were all from blue collar lower middle class families. No one acted superior. We all looked the same. No fights. Everyone got along.

I graduated in 1975 and have never been to a reunion. A lot of my classmates have passed too and I have been to a few funerals. I am not on facebook. people say it is cool you can reconnect with people from high school. To be honest I never really liked high school except for the social part, dances, sport events, drinking. Any one I want to be in touch with I am. I too have seen the "hot chicks" around town and agree some have not fared well. Jim

i graduated in 79 from a small high school and have never been to a reunion, as a matter of fact i didn't walk with my classmates i went to navy bootcamp instead. i am on facebook and am in touch with a lot of my classmates. the difference is i'm from texas and have been living in alabama for 33 years.

Latest posts

Back