Crazy stuff on Craig's List, eBay etc!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is looking for a 1958 Impala convertible, I found one for you. You can buy it now for only $6,800 USD!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1958-Chevro...044323?hash=item2acc968a63:g:ZsQAAOSwBG1cy5wZ

Prefer a hardtop? That's ok! I found one of those too! Currently just over $14,000 USD but hasn't met reserve. Has a 348 but needs fenders, quarters, rockers, trunk floor, etc... With black exterior and that interior colour combo it would have been a stunner when new!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1958-Chevrolet-Impala/323806244305?hash=item4b645b2dd1:g:1aIAAOSwEIpc2fp3

I'm really out of touch on 1958 Impala values, but $6,800 for a title and firewall/cowl seems a little bit excessive.

Now that I have the ability to post images again, these are the two 58's I was talking about.

$6,800 USD Buy it now price on this:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And This got to $15,750 USD and didn't meet reserve:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Black Impala is nice! Which engine does it have, I6, 283 or 348 ?
Never mind, see now it is a 348.
Would take a lot of rust repair, but would be worth a pretty penny when finished!

A '58 Impala is a very desirable car... one year only... the remains of a drop top '58 is also desirable to a restorer looking for a cowl and correct ID tag...

That said, people need to understand, a Barrett-Jackson auction doesn't determine the value of anything... the sold price is only what some wealthy guy was willing to pay that day in Scottsdale. [S

E-Gay is chock-full of fishermen, freaks, dreamers and persons suffering from delusions of grandeur... $15,750 USD should have moved that car along, given its issues...

A '58 Impala is a very desirable car... one year only... the remains of a drop top '58 is also desirable to a restorer looking for a cowl and correct ID tag...

That said, people need to understand, a Barrett-Jackson auction doesn't determine the value of anything... the sold price is only what some wealthy guy was willing to pay that day in Scottsdale. [S

E-Gay is chock-full of fishermen, freaks, dreamers and persons suffering from delusions of grandeur... $15,750 USD should have moved that car along, given its issues...

Yeah, I thought that the price the black one brought was more than healthy enough for the condition of the car and all the work it needs. Considering it basically needs most of the sheetmetal, and a full rebuild of everything.

It's a good thing to see that neither actually sold for those prices.

The windshield is what kills it. If they had of used and original windshield frame and glass, it would look good. As is, the windshield gets your attention first, and doesn’t flow with the rest of the car. Boyd’s car has the same problem.

My first thought is Bonneville. Could join the 200mph club with the right drive train. Big block with 1000hp should do it. [cl

The windshield is what kills it. If they had of used and original windshield frame and glass, it would look good. As is, the windshield gets your attention first, and doesn’t flow with the rest of the car. Boyd’s car has the same problem.

I think you'd need to change the roof and doors too, in which case you might as well just use a 57 to start with. [ddd

Nice.:cool: :cool: :cool:
Solid start for somebody's project. Can't even come close to that price for one of those in my area. That would be listed for around $5000.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back