Rats-N-Rice build '29 Tudor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not much of anything will happen for a while. Closing on a house right now. With enough space for a 1,200ft shop! [cl

I have spent some time measuring and thinking though. 7" chop, 6" section. Maybe a 2" wedge chop... maybe. G60's all the way around, or maybe similar profile 14's in the front instead.

I think I'm going to have to ditch the Civic upper arms and hubs, they stick out over the tires. I'm looking into CR-V struts or the like. The track width will need to be widened several inches, so I'm accepting that I'll need custom axles made.

Thanks to SinnerS Hot Rods, I got some measurements to square up my body.

Still need to sort out what kind of sheet metal I'm gonna use for the front end.

I have spent some time measuring and thinking though. 7" chop, 6" section. Maybe a 2" wedge chop... maybe. G60's all the way around, or maybe similar profile 14's in the front instead.

Making it a good bit smaller then :cool: I would think with no weight up front you want all the traction you could get(from a handling standpoint anyway, looks may differ).

I think I'm going to have to ditch the Civic upper arms and hubs, they stick out over the tires. I'm looking into CR-V struts or the like. The track width will need to be widened several inches, so I'm accepting that I'll need custom axles made.

Or you could just run some really wide tires :rolleyes: I would think somebody would make aftermarket arms and such for the civic as often as they are lowered. Maybe worth a look, you could find just what you are looking for...

I can't believe I missed this and what must have been a problem with others not like'n it[S. Go for it Sam, I have wanted to do something like it for years and took alot of BS from the local guys F'em I say!
I can't wait to see what you come up with I am sure it will be cool as can be!!

Just ran into this build. I think I'll hang around and see what develops.

I like the idea of keeping the track width and going with wide tires.

SAM, i played in hondas for a few years so if i would be so glad to give you as much advice on this motor as i can. in the end it will save you heartache. if interested send me a PM and ill give you a quick run down.

Still on hold fellas. Hopefully I'll start back in after the New Year.

70_Boosted, I'll be PM'ing you about stuff eventually. Thanks!

In response to emans concept discussion... just bumping this back up.. see if you have made any progress? Not that Im one to throw stones.. my truck hasnt come off the jack stands in close to two years.... freaking life is busy

Latest posts

Back