the duck 6X6 attex chief 400

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
today l got a new project-- THE DUCK --it's ruff & tuff and need some TLC but l gotta a urge for one of these things clear back when the banana splits TV show was on in the 197O's.

needs a motor and other stuff but it was free, the guy lost his storage and told me come get it if l wanted it,,heck ya[cl:D

from all the info l can find it is somewhere around a 1973 model.

the pics that say the duck are not my attex

stay tuned,

Later :cool::D

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 66
  • the duck.jpg
    the duck.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 72
  • the duck2.jpg
    the duck2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 70
  • the duck3.jpg
    the duck3.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Nice find. My uncle has one of those last I knew the trans went out and he didn't know anyone to fix it so it has been sitting there for years

I had an Argo back in the 70's. Kind of the same thing.
It was crazy fast and I used to up and over rock walls with it.:eek:
Not sure why it didn't kill me.[ddd
[P [P [P
Torchie

parts

surprisingly there is a lot of info around the web and parts don't seem to hard to get.

bolt pattern for the wheels from what l can find on line is 4 X 5 inch, so mopar and ford wheels should fit.

Later :cool:

Last edited:
Ex boss of mine had one of those he hunted out of. Want to say it had a Kohler engine. Stick steering like those new lawn mowers, it would turn around in it's own tracks.

one of of my dads buddys sold those out of his heavy equipment shop , I'll see if I can get any info.

Nice find. I remember a lot of them, siimilar machines anyway, around here when I was a kid. They were notorious for having drive chain issues. Seems like they had about a half mile of it. Should make a fun buggy!

bling-bling

got a set of 4 14" weld Racing Draglite 90‑Series wheels, tires are 26 inches tall for the front & 25 inches tall for the rear and about 8 inches wide.

they Clear about a 1/2 inch in the rear and about an inch in the front[cl

not sure about middle tires yet, have to do some figuring out on that aspect.

post up some pic when l get all 4 on the duck, no room in the shop and summer in washington means more rain than you'd think---so much for that global warming around here[S

Later:cool:

Attachments

• GEDC0018.jpg
    GEDC0018.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 10
  • mTlkGLEEvblT88JHKc5m5-Q.jpg
    mTlkGLEEvblT88JHKc5m5-Q.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 927-90-57348_2.jpg
    927-90-57348_2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hey skull, i grabbed one a few months ago. I got my motor runnin but still have lots to do to it. Id be interested in buyin your original tire off it if you wana sell them. I have 2 bad ones. Ill grab some pics of mine. I plan on buildin some tracs and using it for coyote hunting

This is my beast. The 3 tires on this side have been modified. But i have 2 other original ones for this side.

neat! there is a guy who lists a 6x6 on the local craigslist every couple months, I think about how fun it would be especially when we get the big rain storms and everything in the neighborhood floats.

power

scored a 1997 arctic cat panther 440cc from a friend for a great price,

45hp, electric start, runs good, were takinevery thing we can to make the swap easy as possible.

soon the "brain" transplant shall start[;)

the welds look awesome:D

Attachments

• 002rr.jpg
    002rr.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 001rr.jpg
    001rr.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 003rr.jpg
    003rr.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 004rr.jpg
    004rr.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
progress

slow but made a little progress today, found a seat and got all 4 tires on and she we broke lose the chains so all 6 axles spin and when l find some tires/wheels for the middle axle she should rock.

almost most ready to pull the engine, the whole exhaust is not going to be used, were customizing and fabbing about 9O percent of it and a small muffler to keep the neighbors happy when l fire it up a midnight......

Attachments

• 003uy.jpg
    003uy.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 006uy.jpg
    006uy.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 001uy.jpg
    001uy.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 002uy.jpg
    002uy.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 36
out

transmission is out and on the table for quick freshen up since it's anyone's guess when the thing was last serviced, guy l got from said he had it for 5 years and never touched it, just stuck it under a tree and let it sit uncovered .

preventive maintenance beats lots of $$$$$$$ down the road.

Latest posts

Back