Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth it! I got new lenses a little over a year ago. The difference is amazing. I use straight up 2.50 cheaters for reading and welding now. Its great. But the best part of all is that I can see the lines on the road at night now. :eek:
Thanks gang.....
Good to hear Skip.
My Dr is expecting the same kind of results. Back to only magnifiers for reading etc.
Almost too good to be true.
Torchie

Torch

I too had new lenses installed about a year ago. FANTASTIC! I use 1.25's for reading up close. would recommend it to anyone. could see right out of surgery.

have them install some #10 shades and you wont need a welding mask! :D

Flip up????[ddd [;)

Torch

I too had new lenses installed about a year ago. FANTASTIC! I use 1.25's for reading up close. would recommend it to anyone. could see right out of surgery.
Reassuring to hear all the good reports. At 61 I'm a little on the young side for cataracts but due to Diabetes as well as serious eye trauma:eek: over the years it's starting to catch up on me.
Torchie

Messing with the Dodge a bit this morning.
When I lowered the rear for the mock up I put some 3" wooden blocks and a couple of C clamps on the rear springs to hold it all together. :eek: Not the most secure way. So I dug around in the u-bolt pile. All is secure now.
Also had some help so we bolted the hinges to the DS door.
All the holes lined up and the door opens and shuts as it should.
Poor pictures but they show some of the work that will need to be done on the inner door to get it all lined up. Pie cuts and relief cuts are in order.
Thanks for visiting .......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 27
Good luck with the eye surgery there T, at least if you slow down a little bit, the rest of us can catch up! Take the time you need to heal, we need your inspiration around here.

We need you to inspire us Torchie. Not only are you educational and inspirational, you're entertaining. Keep up the good work.

As we used to say in the bar band business. "Be sure to come back. We are here all week." [ddd
Like all of you, if I'm not working on the project I'm thinking about the project....
Kicking this around as a option for a grill.
I would mold in the opening and use just the center of a 1950 Dodge grill.
Keeps it all Mopar. Plus it should be a direct bolt in.[cl :D :cool:
Torchie

Attachments

• s-l1600-150x113.jpg
    s-l1600-150x113.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 47
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 42
As we used to say in the bar band business. "Be sure to come back. We are here all week." [ddd
Like all of you, if I'm not working on the project I'm thinking about the project....
Kicking this around as a option for a grill.
I would mold in the opening and use just the center of a 1950 Dodge grill.
Keeps it all Mopar. Plus it should be a direct bolt in.[cl :D :cool:
Torchie

The entertainment value is priceless, but I really enjoy watching your progress on a project few people would take on. And I really like the grille idea. :)

"Like all of you, if I'm not working on the project I'm thinking about the project..."

Guilty as charged....and as a good buddy of mine always says....."you know you are getting old when you are dreaming about your project and not big breasted women!"

Latest posts

Back