Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that idea. I like the skirts too.
I'm torn on the skirts kenny. Nothing says "custom " to me like fender skirts.
But maybe it's time for this old dog to learn some new tricks.[ddd :D
I'm not even missing the spotlights on this one...:eek::eek:
One of the reasons I went with the Dodge is that it is some thing different to start with. So I keep that in mind.
Torchie

Due to weather as well as dealing with pet end of life issues I had to reschedule my 2nd cataract surgery until the middle of Feb.
I bummed about both. Once this arctic cold snap gets done I may try to get out in the shop and at least finish cutting the PS front fender and door.
I hear the clock ticking.....
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

found this on FB Torchie

plymouth%20with%20packard%20tail%20lights_zpsmmdxylrz.jpg

found this on FB Torchie

plymouth%20with%20packard%20tail%20lights_zpsmmdxylrz.jpg

Thanks Gang. It was tough day today losing Maggie. But tomorrows another day.
Nice Eman. :cool: :cool: More and more of these old Mopar's are getting the custom treatment.
Those Packard Tail lights go for about $1200 if they are original and in good shape.:eek:
That's about 4 times what I have in my build right now.:D
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Since we are now going thru that warming trendI got out into the shop for a bit.
Stripped parts off of the PS front fender getting it ready to section. Trim. Parking light and headlight. I had to cut all the bolts/screws so it took a little time.
You can see the seam in these fenders. BY 1949 I think that most American car manufacturers were getting away from pieced fenders.
Hard to tell from the last pic but there is a "Ledge" of about 3/8 between the bottom piece and the top. I don't recall this being quite that way on the DS. The trim piece hid this.
Most of this seam will go away when the fender is sectioned.
That's it for now.
Thanks for checking up on me.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg