1939 Plymouth Rat (snake)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really like what you have going on here charliebob....
looks like things are going you're way..

Well, there are times when it seems like I am in a fight with the car and it is winning, but overall it seems to be going my way.

Glad you like my oddball project!

I've had these Mercedes 10-way power seats taking up space for years. I think they have finally found a home!

Heavy but comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_3958.jpg
    IMG_3958.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3957.jpg
    IMG_3957.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 27
I've had these Mercedes 10-way power seats taking up space for years. I think they have finally found a home!

Heavy but comfortable.
Just 'cuse its a rat doesn't mean it shouldn't be comfortable. Besides, it will blow minds to see seats that most likelyh cost as much as the rest of the car when new.[ddd Diggin' it. [cl

Thanks guys.

On a project a few years ago, I made the mistake of installing both seats at what I thought was an appropriate height. I'm tall. My wife isn't. All she could see was the dash and sky! Learned my lesson. This time I had her check seat height before finalizing the installation. :D

Well, I decided to install a remote oil filter. I knew that the filter would be very close to the steering shaft, but after temporary installation of the steering column I decided that it was too close to the filter. I could have gotten by with a short filter, but decided to go ahead and ante up for a remote filter. Expensive, but it will make oil changes much easier and will make installation of an oil cooler much easier should I go crazy with power mods. (Steering shaft not shown)

Attachments

• IMG_3963.jpg
    IMG_3963.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 34
Finished the plumbing. Finally!

Really liked the original steering wheel, except for its diameter. So, I cut down the diameter and re-welded the ring. Most of the plastic was broken or missing or removed by me.Then I built it back up with PC-7 epoxy paste. Still some fine tuning to do. Plan to cover it with leather or wrap in paracord. Haven't decided.

Now for the tedious job of wiring, locating fuse box, battery, ecu, etc. Ugh!

Attachments

• IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3987s.jpg
    IMG_3987s.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back