36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of the problem is that I don't like throwing away something that is 95% good and only a measly 5% bad. I have to fix it, usually at great cost. And the other part of the problem is, I assumed that I couldn't buy a new oil pan.
Thank you Dozer, that sounds like an 8BA oil pan which is what I need. The older, 59A ones are quite a bit different with part of the belhousing on them. I will keep yours in mind if mine still leaks. Yours has probably never been sitting in the dirt with a whole motor weighting it down.

Mac: I fixed a cracked pan (on the car) with JB Weld. It lasted a few years until we pulled the motor... the repair was still good!

Thanks for boosting my confidence Dr. C.. I didn't get much done on the pan today, Oh, I guess I let the JB Weld cure, that's something. I sanded the outside hardened putty down somewhat.
Mostly, today, I patched up the lawn where some aggressive turkey snowplowed heavy snow before the frost was in the ground, last early winter. I cursed that turkey out volumously, ----last winter and then again this spring. I am going to make little safety skis for my blade.

Thanks for boosting my confidence Dr. C.. I didn't get much done on the pan today, Oh, I guess I let the JB Weld cure, that's something. I sanded the outside hardened putty down somewhat.
Mostly, today, I patched up the lawn where some aggressive turkey snowplowed heavy snow before the frost was in the ground, last early winter. I cursed that turkey out volumously, ----last winter and then again this spring. I am going to make little safety skis for my blade.

That must be the same turkey that deposits buckets full of snow and gravel on my lawn when he's pushing snow with the tractor:D

I primed the pan after a lot of sanding and when it was dry I painted it blue. The shop phoned last night to say come and get your motor. I think I will.

An old friend phoned the other night and asked if I would help him clean up his yard because he is creepin' up on ninety years old. Was I still interested in '36 Ford trucks. Yes!!! I said. Well, come and get mine, it's in the barn. I didn't have a plan for this truck on that short of notice, but said yes anyhow. This is a true barnfind, guys. Pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpg
    IMG_1982.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1983.jpg
    IMG_1983.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 37
red truck

we wondered why you weren't at the meeting, now we know:D guess you'll have to do 2 next week:rolleyes:

SWEEEET[dr

nice of him to give the truck to some one who will do something with her, so many times they just sit and rot away.

Later:cool:

Yes guys, I'm pretty sure it'll stay a two ton. I wanted to end up with a thirty six to pull that trailer [in the picture] with old tractors on it or old cars or old trucks, but this was a surprize to me so I haven't dreamt up enough images yet of what I want.
Skull, I'm under the impression that you can't come to the meetings if you're a backslider, bad enough to be red in the face like me. I haven't even told you that I also brought home an old two cylinder John Deere and a pull-type swather. At the meeting there, would be a lot of gasping and some guys would even put their hand over their mouth, when I made my confession. :eek::rolleyes::D

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program, the making of a half-ton '36 Ford.
I got my rebuilt motor [268 ci Mercury flathead] home but promptly went on holidays, so nothing happened for a while. Now I have got my flywheel lathed down smooth and tacked on the starter ring gear. Running a 6v starter on 12vs livens up the starting process a lot, but the downside is that the starter hits a little too hard and can work the ring gear off, so I tacked it on. I had bought new water pumps, but they were painted universal black so they got painted blue today. I also painted the thermostat housings and dipstick.

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back