Photo Request - S10 Sway Bar

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Hey Guys,

I was looking under my truck and found something weird with the way my sway bar is installed. Could someone with an S10 frame (preferably with body and engine installed) snap a photo of their sway bar? I'm insterested in the shape of the bend where the bar goes back towards the control arm. I.E. does the bend face up or down?

Here ya go, Sir.

89 S10 frame.

Just for drill, I included the rear setup that I got off of an Olds 4-door Blazer clone. All you need to supply is new attach points on the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_20180207_143016434.jpg
    IMG_20180207_143016434.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 38
Here ya go, Sir.

89 S10 frame.

Just for drill, I included the rear setup that I got off of an Olds 4-door Blazer clone. All you need to supply is new attach points on the frame.

Well Skip, somehow you knew that I am also looking to add a rear bar to my truck and was unsure if it would fit around my exhaust. You also somehow knew that was the exact view I needed to see if it would work!

Thanks, that really helps. It would appear that when some idiot installed the front swaybar with no body or engine on the frame, it was most likely installed upside down. :rolleyes: I'll confirm tonight but a quick look this morning tells me I think that's what I did.

I think that's what they call a facepalm moment.

Last edited:
Always happy to help a fellow ratter out.

With this sway-bar setup, our trucks should handle like one of those cars that races around road cones. :D

Here are some pic of bracket I made for the frame ends of the rear sway bar and a stock one.

Attachments

• IMG_20180207_143115202.jpg
    IMG_20180207_143115202.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 24
Yeah, I'm also thinking of adding the ZQ8 steering box, which is a lot faster (1 less turn lock to lock). My truck is fun to drive, but I love carving corners with it and could make it more exciting.

Latest posts

Back