Small car show in Abilene, Texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssimpala

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in central W. Texas...temperature hit 80, no wind, beautiful! Anyway, to get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine, my wife and I went to a small car show in nearby Abilene, Texas. There were several really, really nice show cars and a few that were unfinished but well on their way to being nice. One of the unfinished, but really nice, ones was a '33 Dodge pickup that was done up something like a cross between a high dollar show vehicle and a daily driver rat. This thing had the most amazing body work I've ever seen! The cab is chopped and channeled and the doors cut down to match. It was still unpainted and you could see the amount of work done to make everything fit and smooth. This thing can be primered and painted without ANY bodyfiller....amazing! It has an old 331 hemi in it and what looks to be a quick change rear. It's behind ropes, so I couldn't get close enough to really see everything.

Anyway, there's a "for sale" sign on it with a cell phone number and a price of $2,500.00 dollars or best offer. There's a whole bunch of people looking at it and trying to decide if it's really worth the $2500. I told them that this has to be a joke. The tires and wheels were probably worth $2000. Somebody just playing a joke on the owner. "Oh no, cars have gotten really cheap...you can buy rat rods all day long for $1000" I don't think so, but I do have a pocketful of money...and hey, it never hurts to ask!

My wife called the number....and was about the 100th caller according to the owner. And yeah, his friends were playing a joke on him...car not for sale at any price!

No point to this story...just thought I'd share. Bill.

Sorry, I'm new here and just now noticed that there's a "BS" Lounge. This story should probably go there. Can someone move it for me. Thank's, Bill.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back