Help me decide value

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so, too. Plus, my body is a '27, I would want a drop front axle, few other small changes. But I also want to know what others think. Thank's, Bill.

I think its about right on. I just ordered a spirit frame $900 with delivery. my complete front suspension with spindles and brakes was $2700 "all chrome" my rear suspension with rear axle was $850 So i think its reasonable with the wheels and all.

Wheels are probably worth $600, use them or sell them..He's asking $2500, probably get it bought for $2200, minus $600 if you don't want to use the wheels..Rolling chassis for $1600 seems like a bargain to me..

Tim

Thank's for all the replies. I'm going to drive over and see it and then try to decide. I had no idea that parts had gone up as much as they have. This may indeed be a bargain...or not...so I'm 'gonna go look. Thank's a lot, Bill.

Might want to take a tape measure i think the 23 spirit frame is 10 inches shorter than the 27 spirit frame. I got a 27 frame for my 27 Tudor sedan.

I think it's a fair price. I'd offer $2K and see what he says. I bought a bare Spirit 27 T frame for about $600, a complete front end with brakes is about $1000, complete rear end and suspension another $1000. I would also change to a dropped front axle. Save that straight axle for your Gasser project![;):D

probably not a steal but a fair price, and alot of work already done that means quicker to get on the road and less agrivation.

rolling frame

Price is not that bad at all, do a search on everything hes got and you'll spend more. You can probably get if you have $2000 cash in your hand. Everybody must not be shopping much lately, prices have gone up unless you buy the junk Speedway is selling.:cool:

Seams like a good deal to me. I gave $1500 for a t bucket frame, with suspension, no brakes, no spindles, new empty 9",small brake booster, and it had a drop tube axle. I thought I stole it. The front suspension with steering cost over $1000 for the speedway stuff.

bc and the bunch at spirit make a good product went to their shop during one of the t-bucket nationals, and speedway brought out total performance and that is a good product too. like someone above said the 27 frame is longer, but stock forum ford frames are the same between the 23 and 27.

Thank's for all the replies. I've been calling the listed number but can't get an answer yet...maybe already sold. I'll keep trying and let you all know if I get a bargain.

Well, I probably should have bought it, but I didn't. It doesn't look as good in person as in the photo. A lot of parts are cheaply chromed and the chrome is already peeling off. The rear end is an 80's model six hole GM pickup with unknown gears. The front wheels look like the 5X4 1/2 Ford Mustang bolt pattern...so don't match the rears. The tires are old and already showing signs of sidewall cracking. Lots of other small problems, anyway, thank's a lot for all your replies and advice. I'm still looking, Bill.

Latest posts

Back