Crazy stuff on Craig's List, eBay etc!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why would anyone want to ship that thing to the other side of the planet anyway... [S

Who knows? Years ago, a good friend and myself used to buy/sell/flip some cars. One of those projects was a Euro spec Datsun 260Z 2+2. (We bought it damaged, fixed it, painted it and sold it.)

We're smack in the middle of the continent, 1100 miles from the nearest port. "Somebody" brought the car over. All the knobs and switches had strange symbols, no words or letters, and if recall correctly, the owner's manual was written in German. (Fat load of help that was.)

For you paint and body guys *forbigpicture* we sprayed it with a new at the time, Glasurit product.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Datsun260Z-2+2.jpg
    Datsun260Z-2+2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 152
I get your point Doc. To me, the Russian looks, 40hp, 2 stroke 3 cyl just dont do it. Someone must have really loved that car.

I would have left it with the keys in and purchased the biggest longroof available on arrival in my new country :D

For you paint and body guys *forbigpicture* we sprayed it with a new at the time, Glasurit product.

attachment.php

.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you did good Dr. C.....wasn't planning to buy and ship the thing
just dreaming ....of what could be ;)

I saw this on the local classifieds site, and copied the text and photos here. I'm having trouble determining what's supposed to be worth $8K CAD.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1493585620

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

"Selling my Oldsmobile, I have too many projects and no time.
Runs and drives, has factory 455 Rocket with C heads from 1969 with Th400 tranny, most likely 2.56 stock rear end. I installed flowmaster super44 muffler on it and fitech 600 hp EFI so the 455 is fuel injected. It has stupid torque and only runs on premium. Has aftermarket rims with new tires that only have 13000 km on them.

Has some holes in body, surface imperfections, frame is solid. Nothing that cant be fixed over a weekend. Interior is work in progress, not horrible. Have whole bunch of parts for the interior and some other parts. I started putting in a modern stereo, because mono single speaker really sucks any way you look at it, but I still have the stock stereo. Theres an amp, subwoofer, new deck and 4 new speakers half way installed already. Got two different thermostats, 165 and 195, you want to run the 195 on this one. Have brand new 1000cca cummins heavy duty battery, has a heavy duty starter. Speedo not working and heater core is leaking, I have it bypassed and taken out.

Open to offers, but not considering lowballs, not desperate to sell for dimes. This is not a 454 and it is a 2 door. Best torque monster engine built by GM, with best flowing factory heads, with fuel injection on it. Puts new muscle cars to shame. Runs and drives as is, had it insured as daily driver. Fix it or drive it as is. Located in Stony Plain."

Attachments

• $_59.jpg
    $_59.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 50
  • $_59 (1).jpg
    $_59 (1).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 47
  • $_59 (2).jpg
    $_59 (2).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 46
  • $_59 (3).jpg
    $_59 (3).jpg