what year

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper

I spotted this old ford in a scrapyard yesterday wondered what year it might be ? I feel the need to save it

Attachments

• 100_0657.jpg
    100_0657.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_0655.jpg
    100_0655.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_0660.jpg
    100_0660.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_0658.jpg
    100_0658.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 59
my guess is about a 41-42, chipper.....might be as new as a 47 i think.....but i'm not sure...[S

...and yes i think if ya can you oughta save it, too[cl[cl

I know it say's "Ford" on the dash, but I don't think that's what it is...the grille, front fenders, and shape of the cowl, are not Ford...maybe someone just stuck the Ford emblem on the ash tray...

...also, Ford's had the gas tank filler on the driver's side, that one is on the passenger side...plus, Ford's from that era had the headlight's mounted IN the fender's...

I know it say's "Ford" on the dash, but I don't think that's what it is...the grille, front fenders, and shape of the cowl, are not Ford...maybe someone just stuck the Ford emblem on the ash tray...

...also, Ford's had the gas tank filler on the driver's side, that one is on the passenger side...plus, Ford's from that era had the headlight's mounted IN the fender's...

It is an oddity but the door molding is 40-47 Ford.
Get it Chip! Do you need a running(?) 350?

42-47 ford trucks DID have the filler spout on the pass side.......both my 46-47 cabs can prove it....;):D

Well then, I must be wrong, never knew Ford used completely different sheetmetal for the big trucks...usually, they just got front fenders with the big openings to clear the large wheel/tire combo...

...this is a standard '41 half-ton pickup...big difference

Attachments

• 41Pickup.jpg
    41Pickup.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 12
I'm thinking 40 / 41 / 42

I found a hood similar to that on a 42 an drug it home from abandoned farm. It now hangs in my garage awaiting a mural...looks like this one. Cab is early model due to small rear glass. Great find.... headlite buckets w stands, column drop and steer box, dash, strip it if you can't afford it, grill, fenders,cab..... ahhhh heck just buuuuuy it.

Attachments

• 40 fire truck w wide nose pc on hood.jpg
    40 fire truck w wide nose pc on hood.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 35
Well then, I must be wrong, never knew Ford used completely different sheetmetal for the big trucks...usually, they just got front fenders with the big openings to clear the large wheel/tire combo...

...this is a standard '41 half-ton pickup...big difference

I drove a 41 pickup and a sedan delivery for years. Everyone thought they were 40's

mvc-004f.jpg

I changed the hood and grill on the delivery so it looked like a 40 delux

mvc-011f.jpg

Just to complicate things the 40 and 41 big trucks shared the same front sheetmetal

Cadman

well I talked with the guy at the scrapyard today about getting it, he will speak with the manager when he returns they have a "policy" about not selling cars or parts .....boggus I say.. the pic of my rat sure might help my case he thought it was cool. Now I can just hope and wait for the call..[P

good luck on getting it chipper.. it would be a shame for it not to get saved..

That is a 1940-41, 3/4 ot 1 ton truck. The 3/4 ton and 1 tons cab is 3 inches higher then the 1/2 ton. The fenders and head lights are similar to the 38-39.

Most people mistake them for 1942 to 47 Ford trucks. in 42 the cab went back to the same size as the 1/2 ton.

The picture of the first truck is a 1940 1/4 Flat bed truck and the second picture is of a 1941 1/4 truck

Attachments

• 1940  big truck.jpg
    1940 big truck.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ford big truck a.jpg
    ford big truck a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 9
Hope you save it. I Done one with the 3/4 sheet metal. I like the way they look and if there are no badges on it, it will have people asking. I had two old guys tell me I did not know what I had and it was an International.

Latest posts

Back