rat trucks with rear quarters from cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhotfalcon

hello guys and gals, i am a newbee here, i love rat rods, hot rods, and cars of all kinds, but i have seen a few rat rods that have truck cabs with the rear quarters of cars for the bed and some of those are really good looking, i wwould love to see some more of them , if anyone can help me find these please help, and i have seen some of the builds with ifs that look great and i would like to know what they used for their chassis, looks like it maybe mustang II, not sure, i am going to try and build me one but i am on a very fixxed budget, so any help will be greatly appreicated, thanks everyone for your time.:)

There is a old post on this but I couldnt find it.

Attachments

• rat%20tow%20rear.jpg
    rat%20tow%20rear.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 115
Here's a few shots of my 51 F1. The box started with a pair of 58 Buick quarter panels.

Attachments

• 51 Ford 155.jpg
    51 Ford 155.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 51 Ford 157.jpg
    51 Ford 157.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 51 Ford 163.jpg
    51 Ford 163.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 59
and i have seen some of the builds with ifs that look great and i would like to know what they used for their chassis, looks like it maybe mustang II, not sure, i am going to try and build me one but i am on a very fixxed budget, so any help will be greatly appreicated, thanks everyone for your time.:)

68 c10 chassis with ifs in front, trailing arms in back, almost zero modifications to setup air bags. Zee'ed frame 6" to get the cab lower though. Built thread is in my sig line.

photo-21.jpg

this one is a little close to get a good feel, but it's what I have.
photo-20.jpg

Last edited:
Our build is slower than molasses on a winter day. BUT we have our parts lined up for the project. After someone posted the pic of the Coronet tail on the RPU I simply fell for it. If you want to check out what we have so far it is under ... "The Z.Z.Rat Build" here on the forum. Page 10 under the build you can see the 59' Caddy rear clip that we will chop & fit on our 39' ford.

Good luck with your project. Post up some pics when you get the chance.

Latest posts

Back