1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all over the place out here due to not many people plus farmers are always hoarders. I'm trying to figure out who owns the land that its on and see if they're willing to cut a deal. I'm only interested in a few things but ya never know. I know it's a lot of diamonds in the rough but very straight and solid cars.

Try to access the counties assessors office online to find out who the property belong to. Or you may have to go to their office, but it is all public record and you can get the owner name.

Shop is finally cleaned up and the car is now at home inside it. Should be starting to dismantle the 33 this week and maybe bring the f-150 over to pull the parts I need. Luckily, I now have access to a skid steer so removing the cab of the truck will be no problem. Anyhow, this is the shop ill be using for this project.

My buddy already gave me permission to throw a chain hoist up in the rafters already so I may do that. I also may just create a pulley system to lift the bodies off the car and truck. I dunno yet though. I gotta get to that point in time before I make my decisions.

Here's a couple pics of the car in the shop.

null_zps2d9954ee.jpg

null_zps78244e1c.jpg

Got the body close to coming off. I still have to weld in a "few" braces and try to remove the doors. I tried using my impact driver on the hinge screws but they kept breaking the bits so ill see what a little spray will do. I've noticed that a grinder with a few different wheels have really come in handy. Anyhow, pictures galore.

null_zps8647a31c.jpg

null_zps21efc0f8.jpg

null_zps212504f1.jpg

null_zps2a5776ca.jpg

null_zpsc0c00f27.jpg

null_zps13f153a3.jpg

null_zps153a6833.jpg

null_zps8e3e7c7f.jpg

null_zps8c03bf15.jpg

Okay, got a lot done today. Pulled the passenger side door off, pulled out the rear tray and the rest of the body mounts. Also welded on my bracing so it doesn't fall apart when I pull the body. Tomorrow I am hoping to get the steering wheel, column, and box all pulled out that way I don't have to lift the body too high to roll the chassis out. Anyway, here's some pictures of today's events.

null_zps255476c4.jpg

null_zps149c21be.jpg

null_zps3cdc8dfb.jpg

null_zps82a12dac.jpg

null_zpsfe3047c6.jpg

null_zpsc9e1980f.jpg

null_zps808fbf11.jpg

null_zpsc1310d11.jpg

i'm jealous of the lack of rust. the shop, the car, and your farming neighbors.

keep the pics coming. looks like a fun build!

Nice work! Man that thing is clean. Up here that would look like a lace doily! [P

Still wish there was a way to get the fenders shipped 1/2 way across the country. [S

What are you talking about wood floor? The floor is cement that was just brushed over with a broom. As for heat, there is no heat in it but I do have a torpedo heater so I'll be good through the winter. Plus, it'd be just like work. When it comes to this sort of stuff I like winter more just for the fact that I like wearing long sleeves when I'm grinding, cutting, and welding.

Latest posts

Back