Speaking of illness

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Other projects on hold waiting for parts or $$$ and I've had this 62 Ranchero a couple years. Took it on trade and haven't had any luck selling it. I also have a 76(ish) Scout pickup with no title. I've been thinking a lot about butchering the Ranchero body onto the Scout running gear. I think I'll need to take 8-9 inches out of the frame. Engine is a 196 4 banger and if It runs decent, I'll probably just go with it. Some guys have told me they got 20mpg with them. I think I can scrounge up a set of 31x10.50s. Junkyard roadkill project. Should be fun and do-able with stuff I already have or have access to. What thinketh ye?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 33
Looks doable...we're always up for another build, specially when it's somebody else doing the work heheh![P

I had a Jeep cj7 for a while with what is generally the same motor I think. it was the 194 ci straight six. I did get about 18 mpg with it even with 4wd. I pulled the cj around ok and maybe a small boat on trailer but was pretty much too wimpy for anything else tow wise.

Hah. I called it a straight 6 , it was a 151 L4..boy i'm gonna have to learn to preview my posts better...don't worry, I'm shaking my head more than a bunch of ya'll already. I think for about 2 hours after I take these heart meds..my mind wanders to somewhere else....I'll remember to shut the hell up after I take them! Sorry...

Hah. I called it a straight 6 , it was a 151 L4..boy i'm gonna have to learn to preview my posts better...don't worry, I'm shaking my head more than a bunch of ya'll already. I think for about 2 hours after I take these heart meds..my mind wanders to somewhere else....I'll remember to shut the hell up after I take them! Sorry...
Probably not, but we like you anyway. :D

Take care, Slow.

Latest posts

Back