M/T Intertube Nuts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip

Micky isn't much help. I hope someone here is.

Does anyone know where to get the little brass knurled nut that keeps big fat Micky Thompson tire tube valve stems from slipping out of the hold in the wheel? I need one bad for a used set I have on my 39.

Or if someone has one a spare, I'd be happy to get it from you.

Thanks!

The kid at Les Schwab Tires suggested taking the one I have off and trying to match it up. You guys have made some great suggestions on where to look. Thanks! Appreciate it.

Tubes for motorcycles had nuts on the valve stems. they're smaller than the ones for bolt in valve stems for tubeless tires I think. hope this helps.

I'm pretty sure that I have what you're looking for. Can you post a picture?
I didn't get a very good shot, but here it is. Thanks!

Attachments

• P3070173.jpg
    P3070173.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 20
Skip, if you measure the valve, I'd bet a truck valve nut would fit that. It would be a regular 6 point nut, so if you wanted both to match you'd have to pick up a pair. I'd take that one off and go to a place that does truck tires or maybe even ag tires.

Skip, if you measure the valve, I'd bet a truck valve nut would fit that. It would be a regular 6 point nut, so if you wanted both to match you'd have to pick up a pair. I'd take that one off and go to a place that does truck tires or maybe even ag tires.
Thanks guys. I forgot I asked about this. [S And that picture is terrible! :eek: good ideas, all.

Getting implants in the eyeballs end of the month. Maybe I'll be able to see what I'm doing after that.

I have a bunch of them if you are still in need. Give me a call and I can probably drop a couple in an envelope and mail it to you.

Mike
313-582-5544

Latest posts

Back