Missing member alert!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, yes and no...

You should stuff a Ford 5.0 in that Miata, those things are insane!

I have ridden in a Monster Miata, as they are called, and they are exTREMEly tail happy, hard to keep traction, and quite honestly, it ruins the handling of the car. HOWEVER, the aluminum LS engine weighs about the same as the Miata lump, better, although keeping the rear tires hooked up is still a pain. Have to pretty much rebuild the whole drive train and reinforce the body/frame bits. Might as well go get a foxbody Mustang or a Corvette. Insane? Most certainly!

Great idea for hooligans, but not for me (and my lack of budget), thanks. :)

I have ridden in a Monster Miata, as they are called, and they are exTREMEly tail happy, hard to keep traction, and quite honestly, it ruins the handling of the car. HOWEVER, the aluminum LS engine weighs about the same as the Miata lump, better, although keeping the rear tires hooked up is still a pain. Have to pretty much rebuild the whole drive train and reinforce the body/frame bits. Might as well go get a foxbody Mustang or a Corvette. Insane? Most certainly!

Great idea for hooligans, but not for me (and my lack of budget), thanks. :)

Haha, I know, I was kidding.

It takes considerable work to make them a good car. They're more of a scare yourself and flog kind of toy. A guy around here had one with a 5.0 with a blower on it. He drove it for a few years with the 5.0, once he put the blower on it he scared himself and sold it shortly after.

It's like driving a go cart with 500+ hp.

I have seen a lot of footage of those uber super cars.
And they seem hard to keep on the road.
And they were invented to handle that kind of power
I wouldn't last a week if someone gave me one of those Miata monsters.

Neverdone, we told ya! That little girl would take a lot of time! Just have to work around the little ones, I know, we have our 3 yr old Grandson full time now!:eek:

You aren't lying!!! Fortunately my wife is a saint and realizes that if she wants her husband to keep his sanity he needs some play time in the shop. So she lets me go out there and fiddle fart around once in a while. Currently I am trying to put a speedo in the dodge so I don't have to guess how fast I am rolling down the street. We are taking it to a show next weekend so I am in a scramble to get that ready. Want to do a little playing with the kids rod too so we can take that with us. I love but hate crunch time...... [;)

OK, time to renew this thread.....

A few more have strayed away.......
Neverdone is gone again
Don is MIA
ChristCrusader never made it back
21Willys doesn't post anymore, anybody hear how he is getting along recently?
Haven't seen Rich in a while
26TRoadster, you still around?

Probably a few more I'm forgetting

Latest posts

Back