How It's Made -- Corvette!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Don't know if you watch the show... 'How It's Made'! I do it they're making something interesting & lately they've been showing how Super-Cars are made! I recorded several & just watched the one about how Corvettes are made. Man hours to build a car have fallen from around 60 back in the 60's to about 30 hrs now & the Vette is a perfect example. Robots do nearly everything & humans do the small stuff a robot can't. The new LS motors are mainly built by robots with humans putting in the crank, pistons & small stuff. The body 'panels' are also put on by humans. Pretty interesting if you like that kinda stuff!

BoB

I watched the one about building the Tesla S... incredible stuff & again... mainly built by robots! Gotta admire Elon Musk... not many people have been able to take on the majors & stay in business.

BoB

Check out the one on the Morgan. Put together with aluminum, glue and rivets, wood (ash), glue and stainless screws. All done by hand.

Latest posts

Back