Need pics of fenderless trucks on s10 frames

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's not. :D

[cl[cl[cl[cl

I am not trying to get in a fight here but none of the pics posted look right to me.

An S10 frame is just ugly on an open wheel hot rod. I have never seen one that looks good.

If you are going to run one in an ill conceived effort to save money then put the fenders on.

In reality an S10 frame will cost you more than you anticipate as there are too many unknowns.

With a built frame you can price it out and know exactly what it will cost.

I may have to do a thread on the cost to build a simple hot rod chassis.

Of course it is your vehicle and you should do what you want. After all, everyone's kids are gorgeous to their parents.

I like the idea of boxing a stock frame and running a C-4 Corvette front and rear suspension. These are built on a cradle and relatively easy to install. You get great brakes with awesome handling, looks cool and can be bought for around $1500-$2000.

I like the idea of boxing a stock frame and running a C-4 Corvette front and rear suspension. These are built on a cradle and relatively easy to install. You get great brakes with awesome handling, looks cool and can be bought for around $1500-$2000.

It might be ok on a full fendered build, but it would look equally horrendous on an open wheeled vehicle...

not mine
1334805831.jpg

Here's a pic of my turd,

Attachments

• IMG_20150603_185003.jpg
    IMG_20150603_185003.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20150603_184948.jpg
    IMG_20150603_184948.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 63
Ive got mine on an s-10 sub-frame , its all tacked together ,, just a roll around .. I never intended to keep it this way , but it was an option I had , so I went for it . thinking it may grow on me ,, but it didnt .. I do have a strait axle now . which was hard to find without going over board on the $ I just like the looks of the strait axle.. mine has been sitting for a few years now .. but I do have parts gathering for it all the time ..

0127131438-00.jpg

see you cant hide it with no fenders ..

Speaking form personal experience, there is no way to make a fenderless s10 look good. It is even a bit challenging to hide that ugly front frame and suspension under a full fendered late 30s early 40s ride. But it can be done. With what I know from doing it, I would have done a few things differently.

Attachments

• P5300146.jpg
    P5300146.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 53
I like the proportions. You got the front axle out where it needs to be. Did you set your engine back?

Yes engine is set back about 10". I had this truck mocked up with full body fenders etc, then changed my mind for some reason...

Yes engine is set back about 10". I had this truck mocked up with full body fenders etc, then changed my mind for some reason...

I have my camaro front stub set up with 12" of engine set back in my 53. It has a 56/44 front to rear weight bias. It would probably be closer to 50/50 was it not for my 455 Olds engine. Let's just say it's a little on the hefty side. My truck handles very well. One advantage to that much set back it will give you plenty of room for your headers to poke out under the hood.
I converted mine to true coil overs at all four corners. I don't know if anyone makes cheap tubular A-arms for the S-10 but that would be a cool option. I picked up 1/4" longer camaro upper arms from Speedway for only 42 bucks each. That made converting to coil overs a snap.
Keep up the good work!

here is one I helped put together for a friend , it has a Toyota frame but same concept , the big thing is to slide the motor back so you can put the grille centered with the front wheels , headlights and other parts can cover and pull your eyes away from the a-arms , and you can always up a straight axle under later when your budget can swing, best part is to build what you have and get out and drive it you can always change later , good luck[cl[cl[cl

Ancient post and a mixture of parts I know... Does anyone know what cab is on the truck in THIS post? Looks like '26-27 TT, but the cowl area aned below windshield is different. Is the cowl International to match hood?

The OP of the photo hasn't been on here in five years.

Thanks in advance.

Answered my own question. Found a '30 IH that looks like it.

Last edited:
I do not. Wanted to start looking for one. I like the simplicity of the body compared to other manufacturers of same years.

If that’s yours, is it a ‘30? What model? I like it a lot regardless!

Latest posts

Back