8.25 or 9.25

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones

I have a new parts truck. Its a 2000 dodge durango 4x4 with the 5.9l and either the 8.25 or 9.25 Chrysler rear end in it. Its at the towing company till friday or else id give you a definate answer. In any case, would either of these rear ends be worth building and putting in a rat rod? Is there a way to get rid of the abs system? Or should i sell some parts and get a different axle?

I would use it in my '47 Dodge Pickup if I had it. That's perfect if you run an overdrive transmission.

If you don't use the EFI just eliminate the ABS. No biggy.

8.25-9.25 dodge rear

i have been running a 9.25 in my 82 dodge pu for about 9 years with a 5.9 diesel. a few trips down the strip with 9 in. slicks. people told me it would break it is still working with no problems. torgue on a diesel is much higher than most gassers so i think one would have to work hard to mess it up.

Either one will work fine

The abs will be of no concern for you if you do not intend to run it. Even if it is the 8 1/4 it will be fine. Bonus if it's the 3:55. That's just about a perfect street car gear, especially if you have an OD trans.

Oh yeah,

BTW, I hope you intend to run that motor too, with the SMPI. That's the one with the little half keg intake right? I'd like to see you run the whole drivetrain. How sick would a hunkered down rat look smoking all four skinny @ss bias ply tires?

Latest posts

Back