Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone not familiar, that's Voodoo Larry's Voodoo Kreeper. It was a well publicized car, and you can see Larry in the picture neverdone posted. It also has a flip front end, and I think it went through a lot of changes. The pictures below are from last year and this year

Here's a better pic of the rear:
1908012_10203753070137645_8681549529584506052_n.jpg

And headlights:
1010748_10201287002687500_966932524_n.jpg

1891603_10202959188811108_834502403_o.jpg

Went friday and got it loaded up and drug home. That went surprisingly well for something sitting that long.
IMG_20140627_201128_683_zps575hzjgv.jpg

Pushed it off the trailer and now it sits waiting for me to get the motor out. Pretty stoked about the whole deal. Think I did pretty well. Only tin missing is the passenger inner fender. Only has 2 spots of rust to repair that I didn't know about. The fact that most of the original stainless is there is pretty awesome too!
IMG_20140629_201023_390_zpsoout357m.jpg

Pictured on the left is Ratchet041.....

After some further researching, Bertha here is ID'd as a 210 Club Coupe that used to be Bermuda Green with light green and white fake leather interior. Safe to say it will never be that again.

What are everyones thoughts on putting on a tilt front end???

Also checked it out, the motor and trans will be out in a couple days. Should be an easy pull since the trans isn't even mounted in. 4 bolts on the motor and out she comes.

Also checked it out, the motor and trans will be out in a couple days. Should be an easy pull since the trans isn't even mounted in. 4 bolts on the motor and out she comes.

I'm not a big fan of tilt front ends unless they're like the Voodoo Kreeper and you can't tell that it's a tilt front end. IMO many of them are done so poorly that they don't fit right and just look lousy. If you properly brace the front end and cut the bottom rear of the front fenders off it should look nice.

..... Only tin missing is the passenger inner fender. ....

:confused: [S[S[S You're not making any sense man? :confused:

"Gassers" don't need inner fenders and "Gassers" should have tilt fronts!
Sounds like problem solved to me. [ddd

Love those year Chevys, can't wait to see what you do with it. :cool:

I'm not a big fan of tilt front ends unless they're like the Voodoo Kreeper and you can't tell that it's a tilt front end. IMO many of them are done so poorly that they don't fit right and just look lousy. If you properly brace the front end and cut the bottom rear of the front fenders off it should look nice.

That is my issue with doing to tilt, I don't want to cut the bottoms of the fenders, I want it all to look clean. So I probably wont be doing it. I was just curious what everyone else thought. If I was to do it, I would have to find some way to slide the clip forward then tilt. Sounds kind of difficult to me.

Looks like ya drug it home so fast it blew yer sleeves off! Lol (gasser, gasser, GASSER!)[P

Actually I am not in that pic, but I had no sleeves either....
and, no gasser, I want a comfortable cruiser that gets about 5 gallons to the mile. I think this will fit the bill! I actually hope to finish this one kind of pretty.

:confused: [S[S[S You're not making any sense man? :confused:

"Gassers" don't need inner fenders and "Gassers" should have tilt fronts!
Sounds like problem solved to me. [ddd

Love those year Chevys, can't wait to see what you do with it. :cool:

Not going to build a gasser..... not my vision for this car, though Ratchet041 would side with you....

I knew a guy that built a tilt front end that slid forward like you were talking about Neverdone.
He built a complete inner frame work for the front clip. Devised a slider system that mounted along side the frame rails as I recall. Clip slid forward enough to allow it to tilt and clear the cowl area.
The big thing would be weather or not you would have clearence to get the lower rear piece of the front fender past your front tire when slid forward.. His was on a 55 chevy so the front clip and cowl area was more box like than yours.
Torchie.[P

The back of the front fenders is still pretty boxy. I think that I could still pull off a forward slide. I would be interested to see how your buddy did his. I have a couple thoughts, but nothing promising.

I dunno though, I am kind of lazy and could see myself just running it traditional.

The back of the front fenders is still pretty boxy. I think that I could still pull off a forward slide. I would be interested to see how your buddy did his. I have a couple thoughts, but nothing promising.

I dunno though, I am kind of lazy and could see myself just running it traditional.

Sorry Neverdone.
That was back before the days of digital cameras so no pics.
For what it's worth. I have never been a big fan of tilt front ends on street driven cars. Especialy customs. Just never saw the point of it I guess. Race cars, sure.
Now if you really want to do nifty custom trick make it so the hood opens forward like the late 50's Fords.[ddd[ddd Or weld the hood shut and cut out a new opening ala "Pancake" style.:cool::cool:
Still lots of work. [;)[;)[;)
Torchie.

Now if you really want to do nifty custom trick make it so the hood opens forward like the late 50's Fords.[ddd[ddd Or weld the hood shut and cut out a new opening ala "Pancake" style.:cool::cool:
Still lots of work. [;)[;)[;)
Torchie.

I like the idea of the opening forward. Just not sure that would look right since it narrows in the front. [S

I have seen factory tilt fronts that lift up in the front a few inches to bring the bottom of the fenders forward away from the firewall then pivot forword as it flips. Easy one hand operation. I think where most customizing projects fail is when they are overdone and just trying to hard. VooDoo Kreeper works so well because even tho it looks radical, the basic lines of the car are preserved and just enhanced. Finally someone on the board is building a custom! Excited to see what you create Nev. :cool:

I like the idea of the opening forward. Just not sure that would look right since it narrows in the front. [S

You are right about that Never. Smartest thing to do would to leave the front clip as stock and just concentrate on some cool body mods and a chop.

Finally someone on the board is building a custom! Excited to see what you create Nev. :cool:

Hey earthman. What am I building. Chopped liver.........;):D
Torchie.

You are right about that Never. Smartest thing to do would to leave the front clip as stock and just concentrate on some cool body mods and a chop.

Hey earthman. What am I building. Chopped liver.........;):D
Torchie.

In the back of my feeble old brain i was dimly thinking, is there.............but nothing bubbled to the top. So i just took a Grandpa nap. Sorry Torchie.

Latest posts

Back