Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took first steps yesterday to getting my title for this. Otherwise still round parts. Ordered a couple patch pieces today to use in a little custom work. Hopefully by the end of next week it is in the shop to commence cutting!!!

Please stand by for arcs and sparks.

Any movement is good right?? Well it moved 20 feet forward last night.... and a little to the left. But hey it got in to the shop!! Tonight I hope to get it over to the lift table where I can work on it.

IMG_20141206_220220_zpsc2azisza.jpg

Last edited:
Ok....when the heck did you get this one???

You guys are making me dig back into the archives and read up on all this new stuff going on....:eek:...slow down and let me catch up a bit....lol

Yeah sarge you are way behind. I built a camper while your were gone..... and am rounding up a free ford panel truck.. or whats left of it. You really need to get up to speed.

Stripped the tin off the front of the car and pulled all the unneeded junk from the front end to be used. Measured, measured, measured, measured, and measured a little more to come up with a good fit here in the front. Then braced a little bit and put some marks for where stuff needs to line up and I am ready to start cutting up the new front a bit to narrow it up. Next step cut a chunk from the middle and put it back together.
IMG_20141227_232255_234_zpss4fjc2lc.jpg

[;) [;) [;)

Picked up the 350 yesterday, so it's sitting on the stand in the shop. Also the 5 spd, but looking around having a little trouble Trying to ID that little booger. I think it's a T5 but not sure. have to scrub it a little more to find a tag. Found a casting number on the side but that is being no help. Cut the 6" out of the center of the frame and started lining it back up. Looking pretty good. Burnt it back together a bit then will start getting some other bracing done so I can build a new cross member and get it lined up with the front of the car. Back on this hot and heavy next week!!

[;) [;) [;)

Unbolted the old front end, set that aside to be put up for sale. Removed the old steering column. Then got happy with the blue wrench...... Shortened up my narrowed frame, and cut the front off the car frame. Then started keying the frames together. Still need to pull the new front back about 2" for a good fit to line up nice with the front fenders. But I would say it is going well.

IMG_20150106_202453_359_zpscpvvvr0b.jpg

IMG_20150106_194045_314_zpsqmfg2swa.jpg

Played with this more the other day. Have the front end back to where it needs to be. Now just need to do a lot of grinding and welding build a few box in plates or fish plates but don't think those will be necessary. The way this was done the old car frame is crammed in the truck frame all the way up to the spring pockets. It is probably in there a good 12" or so. The rear control arm brackets are under the original car frame. I put a couple good healthy tacks on it to hold it in for now, but with the struggle it was to get it back to where it is at I don't think that it could ever move. Hopefully tonight going to start burning it all together after getting creative with rust removal so it can be welded. Big thanks to Ratchet041 for helping get this far!!!

Front bags are now ordered as well as mount plates for those so I can start getting all that fun stuff done as well. Get the front done then it is off to across the back yard to Bad Habits Fab (neighbors house Jeremy Adkins son of Bulldog Ricky Adkins newly inducted in to the Michigan motorsports hall of fame) where we will be building and installing the rear triangulated four link.

Front progress.....
Newclip4_zps475ded8d.jpg

Newclip2_zps02d8db3d.jpg

Newclip_zpsb51a1902.jpg

Latest posts

Back