Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still planning on running the fender skirts [S if so how are they coming [S

yup still going to put skirts on but unfortunately I have not had any time to fiddle with this.... Had an opportunity to take it over and get the 4link finished so I jumped on that. Then pushed it back in the shop and put it back on it's dollies. Been so busy lately no time. Now back to work.... :(

I will get back on this one day.

...... unfortunately I have not had any time to fiddle with this......... Been so busy lately no time. Now back to work.... :(

I will get back on this one day.

Un huh, we told ya! :D That little girl has changed everything , hasn't she? They have a way of doing that, been there, done that before, looking like I may go through it again with the grand son.....:rolleyes:

Un huh, we told ya! :D That little girl has changed everything , hasn't she? They have a way of doing that, been there, done that before, looking like I may go through it again with the grand son.....:rolleyes:

she sure has changed some things..... at least the rat is cruisable for now. So I can still take that out and play!!!

Had a few minutes to play with this Monday. One of my buddies came over and wanted to work on it.... Who am I to say no to that?!?!

We started trying to see what the front would look like with 57 headlights. Started cutting up the patch panels I have for the eye brow and trying to line that up and get a feel. I think it will look alright with the exception of the fact that the bezel will get dang close to the grill when it's on if I actually use the stock grill.
IMG_20150721_115444_834_zps7ujyrzdc.jpg

IMG_20150721_115456_418_zps78thq7qf.jpg

IMG_20150721_115527_913_zpsvzjencft.jpg

Also jammed some rubber hose and quick connect on the rear bags so I can see how that is going to work. Don't get as much lift as I thought.....

Down
IMG_20150721_113923_317_zpseoaadwxx.jpg

UP
IMG_20150721_113856_607_zps5kgwppmd.jpg

That's all for now.....

Well... I'm not dead if anyone was wondering. Just slowed down. I have been out in the shop here and there but not getting much done. Not on my big toys anyway. But here and there I have been doing a little playing.

I did go out last night and start cutting up and making some floor pans and a cover for the hole in the trunk that the diff now resides in. Just have the floor pans tacked in, will start making a tunnel for the driveshaft maybe tonight. I need to cut the piece down that I was making for the cover in the trunk. It's about half an inch too wide to sit in there, so I will trim it a bit and start burning it in. I only have a manual roller so it really sucks to run by yourself and have it look pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_20160212_202903_728[1].jpg
    IMG_20160212_202903_728[1].jpg
    70 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20160212_214554_764[1].jpg
    IMG_20160212_214554_764[1].jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 118
Good to see you back.[cl
You are doing fine and with out a motorized roller the "one man band" can be a PITA.
Floor pan is looking good.Keep at it.
Torchie

Two things, glad to see you are alive, thought you might have passed quietly without notice, glad you didn't. :D
and just where is that m/c located, is that the truck in the back ground[S

Got just a wee bit more play time in last night. Trimmed up the piece for the trunk and tacked it in to place. The air tank is going to fit on top just as I hoped and I think I have enough room for the compressors, one on each side. Also the spare still fits in the little holder spot and the battery will fit in behind that. Did a little bit more burning on the floor pans in the back and called it quits for the night. Hopefully this week I will get some more metal cut out for the floors. Feeling the urge to get this thing motoring.

Oh... and I took the master cylinder out of the trunk since no one liked it there.... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_20160213_202115_916[1].jpg
    IMG_20160213_202115_916[1].jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 20
Aah Dang it, Neverdone, I'm a linkage fanatic and I was gearing up to make a bunch of rods and levers for that unusual master cylinder placement.
You've given me a little more confidence to make some floor boards in the future. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back