1935-36 Rear Wishbones ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex1927

What can I expect to pay for 1935-36 ford Rear wishbones?
Looking at these as option for suspension,but they seem to be double what front bones are.Wonder why?[S
Can be already split.I would have to do it anyway.
Figured you guys would know.
Thanks

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 23
Don't have any,but was wondering what you were going to use them for. I read somewhere that they were prone to breaking if they are split and used without the torque tube. The article showed how to add a link to top of the axle down to the tube portion of the wish bone. I think I also saw where you could use front bones with the castings cut off and steel brackets welded in thier place to mount to the rear end.

Don't have any,but was wondering what you were going to use them for. I read somewhere that they were prone to breaking if they are split and used without the torque tube. The article showed how to add a link to top of the axle down to the tube portion of the wish bone. I think I also saw where you could use front bones with the castings cut off and steel brackets welded in their place to mount to the rear end.

Yes. Splitting rear wish bones can lead to them cracking. The original Ford system was designed so that the bones were attached to the Torque tube which is able to twist and turn as a whole unit and not cause the bones to crack. Not the frame rails
But you still see many"Traditional" Hot rods set up with them. I believe that they may have been an off shoot of Salt Flats racing where it was done in a straight line and on very flat smooth surface.
35-36 seem to be in demand due to their length.
Torchie

I have them on a fibergalss T bucket. They bolt on the rear end and mount the spring behind the axle. That is why they are desirable. Yes, they are weak at the joint where the tube meets the forging that mounts to the axle. I recognize their inherent weakness and never accelerate hard with this car

Seen them sell for $150.

I have them on a fibergalss T bucket. They bolt on the rear end and mount the spring behind the axle. That is why they are desirable. Yes, they are weak at the joint where the tube meets the forging that mounts to the axle. I recognize their inherent weakness and never accelerate hard with this car

Seen them sell for $150.

Well what fun is a hotrod you never mash the loud pedal on?

The pic above shows my son and two grandsons and I cruising the back roads on the way to Goodguys in Des Moines, IA, I'd say we had great fun and never went over the speed limit or engaged in an exhibition of speed. I have other cars for doing that stuff.[ddd

Latest posts

Back