Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Undead Sleds... makin' old tin Undead every day! > Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk

Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk General discussion of car type stuff!

Old 03-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Still crazy after all these years!

From what I can see in the picture, it looks like a pretty fine hot rod with a few minor details to be straightened out. Nothing to be gained by speculating what else might be wrong with it when you can't see anything.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:45 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob w View Post
From what I can see in the picture, it looks like a pretty fine hot rod with a few minor details to be straightened out. Nothing to be gained by speculating what else might be wrong with it when you can't see anything.
There were a lot more photos. I didn't want to share them and have everyone pick the car apart. From the photos I saw there were a lot of details missed but it sure looks good.

I guess my point was that to intelligent prospective buyers, small details can make a big difference in perception of the build quality and therefore sale price.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:46 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadrolls View Post
I still can't imagine what that inner belt is running on the passenger side? Surely it doesn't have a smog pump.
That inner belt is running between the water pump and crank pulley. It's just a secondary belt in case it ever threw the alternator belt.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Builder Junky!

Bob W., I am also an optimist like you. This car has a few visible, fixable flaws, so what's the problem; just fix them. When I bought my 'stalled project' 1934 Plymouth there were a few obvious, fixable problems. Hotrod builders fix problems, so I just started fixing problems. I started to notice a theme in my Plymouth, the previous builder couldn't see into the future and visualize a problem coming. When he got to a dead-end problem, he just started building something else until it raised it's unengineered ugly head. On and on he went, painting himself into corners. I did not look this car over well enough before I bought it. Anyhow this one car has eroded my optimism in engineering. That's why I appeared slightly pessimistic in this discussion.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:35 PM
Rebel Rodder

I would like to see pictures of the whole thing. It looks interesting.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob w View Post
It does look pretty solid built from those pics, but a closer look would be wise if thinking of buying it. I agree, mostly minor stuff you could work out pretty quick. Sometimes an extra set of eyes is helpful to see things I've missed.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamamav View Post
It does look pretty solid built from those pics, but a closer look would be wise if thinking of buying it. I agree, mostly minor stuff you could work out pretty quick. Sometimes an extra set of eyes is helpful to see things I've missed.
For sure they're mostly minor things that indicate a closer look is needed. I guess I just expect something at that price range to be a little more sorted.