C10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

Okay its not a rat... But it is 35 years old and the price was great. My nephew had this a few years ago and never got it going. So for a sweet deal I got a 355 sbc 700r4 trans and all you see with most of the parts to finish it.
The motor is a full roller rocker with alum heads. KIMG0132.jpg it has about 20 miles on it! But it has been in and out of 3 different cars in the last 2 years as the kids that had it cant keep it between the ditches. ( to much power for kids )

What I started with and some of what was done yesterday
.KIMG0115.jpg

KIMG0121.jpg

KIMG0125.jpg

KIMG0128.jpg

KIMG0129.jpg

I had put new rocker panels and cab corners in 2 years ago when he first got the truck and my older brother had the frame blasted and powder coated. The fuel filler doors had fill covers welded over as a new tank will be mounted in the rear behind the axle. Drip rails removed and holes welded in so most of the body work is done for now I just want to be able to drive it this summer.

52 fordman

l like it, just needs a little work[;)

l've had several 1967 to mid 198O chevy trucks and was very fond of them.

Later:cool:

Last edited:
I bought one of those for the 4x4 drive train. Guy said it was running when he rolled it in the ditch. I trusted him. I later found out that it was still running, for a while anyway, upside-down in the ditch. I found a big hole in the side of the 4-bolt main 350 block! Price wasn't as right, but still wasn't all that bad. I win more than I lose. :eek:

I bought it from my nephew so I know what has been done to it. My brother had the frame blasted and powered coated...
So I guess I got lucky in him loosing interest as lots of work and money already put into it.

More pics coming soon from this weekends work.

52 fordman

KIMG0139.jpg

KIMG0154.jpg

KIMG0164.jpg

Okay not a lot of worked shown here but have made progress. Radiator mounted, different water pump Hei dist & new plug wires made and put on carb linkage done and well you get it just things that need to be finished.
Got the shifter off of Craigs list for deal. more to come tomorrow after work

52 fordman

KIMG0178.jpg

KIMG0181.jpg

KIMG0182.jpg

KIMG0187.jpg

KIMG0188.jpg
A little more work has been done.. Shifter is mounted and brackets are on the transmission just need to put cable on and adjust it. Need to repostion power steering pump as you see belt is off of alignment. Fuel line is run and pump mounted had to run the starter wires different as they laid against the headers. Wires to tail lights are in and secured to the inside of the frame thanks to my son who is able to crawl around better then me...
Lots of things to do before April 16th when i want to at least have it driveable for a run to lake Pepin and back. ( yearly flood run)

52 fordman

Okay yes its 4:30 Am and i just got in from the garage! Got the 2nd new started in and shimmed. Finished wiring the fuel pump. Got the dist, wired and the starter wired also along with new switches to power all of it. Windshield was done last weekend along with the shifter being finished and hooked to the transmission. A few more pictures for you.

KIMG0005.jpg

KIMG0019.jpg

KIMG0016.jpg

KIMG0017.jpg

KIMG0013.jpg

52 fordman

Okay we got the motor running and the trans is bad.... got the rear window in and some wiring taken care of this weekend. Along with some little stuff like timing re mounted the power steering pump so the belt is inline added fluid. Water in the radiator for now as it will be coming back out soon.
And that was the weekend!

52 fordman

Latest posts

Back