Pet Peeves

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
I was listening to talk radio on my way to work. They were talking about pet peeves. The host hates people that don't turn right on a red light or people that drive 50 in a passing lane.

I got to thinking about my pet peeve. People that take 2 parking spaces in their Porche, Corvette, BMW, etc...............:mad:
My brother use to carry pepper spray and he would spray the driver's door handle. When it drys, it leaves an invisable red pepper residue. The guy opens the door and drives away. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,when he goes to the restroom, "YEOOOWWWWWWWWWWW.................:D:D:D"

Got any peeves?

Last edited:
Hot one!!!

My brother use to carry pepper spray and he would spray the driver's door handle. When it drys, it leaves an invisable red pepper residue. The guy opens the door and drives away. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,when he goes to the restroom, "YEOOOWWWWWWWWWWW.................:D:D:D"

Gasser,
WOW... u're brother REALLY doesn't like people takin' 2 parkin' places!!!

BoB

When people do that here, I just park the impala so close to them that they have to crawl through the passenger side. If a buddys with me, we'll sandwich them in!:D:D

One of my many pet peeves is when you go into a gas station and some retard parked completely sideways taking up 3 spots just so they don't have to back up! I normally do the same thing as above then I'll just stand there for about 30 minutes until I move. They seem to get kinda mad!:D:D

One of my main pet peeves is Dakota Fanning!!!!!!!!! Everytime I see her I wanna kill the closest person to me!

The older I get, the more pet peeves I have........must be getting crotchety. :D

I still have my old favorites, like people just driving along in the fast lane who won't pass and pull to the right. Or people who are coming down the street, and then turn beside you without using a turn signal, so you have to sit and wait when you could have pulled out.

However, some of my new ones are:

!) Big a** stereos in cars with huge amps and 15 inch subwoofers. What makes them think the rest of us want to listen to that boom boom boom??

2) Air horns on cars and pickups. Every redneck down here has a set of these train horns and just can't wait to use them.

3) People who talk on cell phones while driving in the fast lane and refusing to move over.

4) People who talk on cell phones in restaurants and other public places, as if no one is around them.

I'm sure there are more, but just thinking about those got me mad enough. :D

Don

I agree cell phone use in general ****es me off. Last weekend me and some buddies went to the local bar and were having some drinks shooting pool. The whole night both of them were texting people. What the hell? We're at a bar, having "man" time and all they're doing is texting people. Even the waitress was giving them crap. One of her sayings was, "Come on guys, brush the sand out of your ****ies and play some damn pool" I eventually got so ****ed waiting on them to take their shot that I left!

Ew Ew Another one.

My family owns a Sinclair gas station so I deal with the general public everyday. That is enough to **** anybody off, but one thing that really bothers me is Scratch off tickets, well actually lotto in general. I'll have a line in the store of paying customers and these scratcher people are standing there in front for 5 minutes while they decide what tickets to WAIST their money on. If I hear, "This is the winner, Right?", one more time, I'm gonna take my AK47 to work and shoot everybody in the face.

Ew another one, When people come into a store and try and barter the price of an object. Why would there be a price on something, if that is not the price of it? Come on, if you really want the crap, pay the price!! A gas station is not a flee market!

Another big one is all the gangbangers that talk to me because I drive a 64. You can't understand them half the time and the other half they're saying something stupid. Just because some rappers made songs about the 64, I have retards humping my leg!

I hate people that wait until the cashier totals their bill before they whip out the old check book and start writing. And then they gotta stand there and fill in the amount in their book and then put it away. In the meantime, their groceries have already been bagged. I pay cash.......I only use checks to pay bills by mail.

Hey Ink, I know what you mean. I worked in a gas station in high school and college. I would tell these people to leave and never come back. The would get indignant and demand to see the BOSS. I would smile and say, "sure! Hey! Uncle George!!!". My Uncle would tell them the same thing. It was GGRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTT.........

Gas station blues!!!

I worked in a gas station in high school and college. I would tell these people to leave and never come back. The would get indignant and demand to see the BOSS. I would smile and say, "sure! Hey! Uncle George!!!". My Uncle would tell them the same thing. It was GGRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTT.........

Gasser,
In high school I worked for the man across the street from my parents. He had quite a few stations & he was like that too. He was from Mississippi & would just tell people to leave if he didn't like them, they didn't pull their credit card out quick enough, didn't like the way they looked or if he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He was a real hard @$$ & it was HIS way or the highway! He used to tell people who weren't buyin' gas to put his water hose down... he was a really big guy & once picked a guy up & threw him back in his car when he wouldn't put the water hose down! That was pretty funny to a 16 year old kid!!! I immediately found something else to do & got as far away from him as I could! That was back in the days of FULL service!

BoB

Pet peeves...Let's see....

How about the old hag at the checkout counter who waits until the girl rings up her $1.80 item, then goes digging through her enormous handbag, laying items on the counter. First a $20 bill comes out, but she never hands it to the girl. Then it goes back and a $10 bill, same thing, then a $5 bill. Finally, she finds a $1 bill and starts digging for change. When she can't find enough change, she goes looking for the $5 bill again. Then she comes across a more hidden change, back goes the $5 and out comes the $1 bill and she loses count three times counting to .80 cents. This is when the other girl decides to open the other register and four people that just walked in jump in front of you. AAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!

Or throwing good money after bad.
At the Auto swap meet, a vendor tells you that this part is for 350 Chevy engine, so you buy it at $10. You get it home and it doesn't fit. You're out $10. You go to another swap meet and find a similar part, only this one has a tag on it saying '68-72 Chevy 350', You buy it for $15. When you get home it don't fit either. Later you find out the first part was to a Mopar and the second part was to a six cylinder. AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!

Or trying to buy a rod.
You hear about a rod for sale and contact the guy. He's a six hour drive away, but the rod is for low bucks. He sends you photos and it looks ok. It's a 47 Ford coupe with a 351 windsor for $500. After an eight hour drive because his directions were wrong, you find it and discover that the photos were taken a year ago and since then his kids have been using it as a playground and the 351 Windsor is in the trunk in pieces and all rusted. AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!

Last edited:
Pet peeves...Let's see....

How about the old hag at the checkout counter who waits until the girl rings up her $1.80 item, then goes digging through her enormous handbag, laying items on the counter. First a $20 bill comes out, but she never hands it to the girl. Then it goes back and a $10 bill, same thing, then a $5 bill. Finally, she finds a $1 bill and starts digging for change. When she can't find enough change, she goes looking for the $5 bill again. Then she comes across a more hidden change, back goes the $5 and out comes the $1 bill and she looses cout tree times counting to .80 cents. This is when the other girl decides to open the other register and four people that just walked in jump in front of you. AAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!

Or throwing good money after bad.
At the Auto swap meet, a vendor tells you that this part is for 350 Chevy engine, so you buy it at $10. You get it home and it doesn't fit. You're out $10. You go to another swap meet and find a similar part, only this one has a tag on it saying '68-72 Chevy 350', You buy it for $15. When you get home it don't fit either. Later you find out the first part was to a Mopar and the second part was to a six cylinder. AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!

Or trying to buy a rod.
You hear about a rod for sale and contact the guy. He's a six hour drive away, but the rod is for low bucks. He sends you photos and it looks ok. It's a 47 Ford coupe with a 351 windsor for $500. After an eight hour drive because his directions were wrong, you find it and discover that the photos were taken a year ago and since then his kids have been using it as a playground and the 351 Windsor is in the trunk in pieces and all rusted. AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!

wow sounds like this may have happened to you before lol jk

Not a big deal, but...
Give the guy at the gas station the cash and pump your gas. At some point before your done the pump slows down to a crawl. Its ok if its 15 or 20 cents but I have seen it slow down at 75 cents before its done.:mad:

What, the pump is gonna break if it slows down 7 cents before the end?

Not a big deal, but...
Give the guy at the gas station the cash and pump your gas. At some point before your done the pump slows down to a crawl. Its ok if its 15 or 20 cents but I have seen it slow down at 75 cents before its done.:mad:

What, the pump is gonna break if it slows down 7 cents before the end?
You gotta wonder if they're shorting the pump. You going to the Primer Nationals?

Oh, you guys just reminded me of 3 more pet peeves: Paris Hilton, Nichol Richie, and that other little bimbo Lindsay Lohan, who can't keep her face out of the nose candy. Are we really that hard up for news that we have to see endless hours of the latest gossip on these three?????????

:(:(:(:(

I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY ARE DOING !!!!

Don

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back