Pet Peeves

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, you guys just reminded me of 3 more pet peeves: Paris Hilton, Nichol Richie, and that other little bimbo Lindsay Lohan, who can't keep her face out of the nose candy. Are we really that hard up for news that we have to see endless hours of the latest gossip on these three?????????

:(:(:(:(

I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY ARE DOING !!!!

Don
I'm with you. Who cares what they are doing. I was really sick of Anna Nichol Smith.

can't we all just get along? actually, i've got a good one, the vette i just bought needed belts super bad, they were splitting apart :eek:

so i call napa and they have all four, I figure, yeah, napa will charge me $60 when i could get the same thing at autozone for $20, but the guys at autozone don't speak much english and they will probably give me the wrong parts plus the napa ones are probably made in the usa and not china. So i rush to napa after work and drop $80 on belts, oil filter, air filter, and an air chuck. Get home, put the car on jackstands, spend a good two hours getting the old belts off, it's about 9:00 now.......go to put the first belt on......it's the wrong frikkin belt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

so where did i go after that in my wifes car? the only place open...f'in auto zone.........

Belts are one of the things that I dread. I don't think I have ever went to a parts store and got the correct belt on the first attempt, unless I had the part number.

Another 2 of my pet peeves are a) Full Screen Movies and b)Tweakers

I also don't like it when you go to a parts store for, lets say, 350 spark plugs and the person asks you what year the vehicle is. I'd say pre 80 then they ask what model it is. What the hell? I just need some spark plugs. So I ask them what model do they want? They say that they need to know the year make and model of the vehicle I'm working on. I just smirk and say the body is 83 gmc 1/2 ton, the rear axle is 74 chevy 1 ton, the front axle is 84 chevy 1 ton, the block is 78 camaro, the heads are vortec, the trans is 85 chevy 1/2 ton, the transfer case is 86 Chevy 1/2 ton, etc. etc. After that they say nevermind and go grab the same spark plugs that they used in 350's until they switched to the 2nd series.

Why can't "car people" work at car parts stores?

I also like when the cashier at a parts store argues with you about your own car!

I got that from a salvage yard. I was looking for some aftermarket steel 8 bolt wheels for my Rock crawler. If the lady is behind the counter, the first question is "what year is it" My Rock crawler has parts from a dozen different vehicles. The guys there don't bother asking the year question. My napa store knows me and they ask "what year should we try?"

Hey Inked,
I laugh at that one all the time. Here is one for the AZ crowd, tell them you need plugs two heat ranges colder or hotter.....

They look at you like you just spoke a language that they don't understand.

Strike Don off the list!

Oh, you guys just reminded me of 3 more pet peeves: Paris Hilton, Nichol Richie, and that other little bimbo Lindsay Lohan, who can't keep her face out of the nose candy. Are we really that hard up for news that we have to see endless hours of the latest gossip on these three?????????

Note to self: Strike Don off the Paris Hilton 2008 calendar list!

Note to self: Strike Don off the Paris Hilton 2008 calendar list!

Eh, let's not get hasty here.......after all, she is a hottie. :D I'm just tired of hearing about her antics. I bet the Sistas got a good hoot when Paris was getting all that press about being a jailbird. :D

About the auto parts store thing............did you ever notice that sometimes the clerk will say " well, it could be one of two different part numbers for that car. It could be either the $ 10 one, or the $ 200 one. " GUESS WHICH ONE MY CAR ALWAYS TAKES??????? I don't even ask anymore, I just say give me the $ 200 one. :(

Don

About the parts store stuff,, their biggest problem is the average counter person only knows how to use the stupid computer on the counter !!! Very few of them even know how to use the books that they do have, managers included!!!! And to think I managed one of those stores before going back to gov't employment :rolleyes:. Tho, my sales people knew how to use the books to find stuff.

Eh, let's not get hasty here.......after all, she is a hottie. :D I'm just tired of hearing about her antics. I bet the Sistas got a good hoot when Paris was getting all that press about being a jailbird. :D
Don
Tooooo skinny for my tastes. :rolleyes:

Auto parts stores - Lost the upper radiator hose in my 32'. Took it to the old type auto parts store, the ones that smell like kerosene and old wood. The counter guy grabbed my old hose and came back in 2 mins with 2 different hoses that would work. I try not to go to Kragens or the AutoZone because those people don't know anything about cars.

I hate affirmative action. Everything should be based on merit, not race, gender or sexual orientation. :mad:

Just today I went to Advanced Auto and they let me have the run of the back room to find two radiator hoses for my T. I found two perfect fits, all I had to do was cut off a couple of inches. But I asked the guy (he was the Manager) if there was a way to tell from the part numbers on them what they were designed to fit originally. Nope.........he said there might be a way, but he doesn't know how to do it. :(:(

Don

Just yesterday I saw my number one pet peeve. Someone sitting at a red light and flipping ashes or a cigarette out the window. :mad::mad: Don't these idiots realize that Florida is a tinderbox, and most of the fires we have here come from humans??

I think there is something like a thousand dollar fine for doing it, but I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket. Wish I were a cop, I would be writing them up left and right.

Don

J

I think there is something like a thousand dollar fine for doing it, but I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket. Wish I were a cop, I would be writing them up left and right.

Don
Does your local P.D. have a reserve force? In my area, they mostly write tickets or accident reports. Theres also a reserve Search & Rescue and Posse.

They have "Community Service Volunteers" who do stuff like fender benders, etc. but that is all, I think. One morning I was sitting beside a guy who tossed his cigarette out his window, and I couldn't take it any more. I said " Do you realize that is a thousand dollar fine?" He said no, and got out and climbed under the side of his car to retrieve it. :D:D That felt pretty good.

Don

Latest posts

Back