So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Been a long road to get where we are but I couldn't be happier with what has happened. The wife and I are really enjoying it. Was sitting in the basement last night and shot a couple games of pool and just relaxed and loved it. Dirtyrat knows that I have been killing myself over this place but I know that it won't be much longer and that will all be over. Then all I have left to do is enjoy it.

Best score yet Never !! Your not going to "rat " it to are you ? You know ..drop the ceilings , duel chimney's etc ? Looks like there is lots of room to expand that garage.....

Oldog

Yeah the past year there we have been pretty happy. And yup the shop is already full. Been full since about 3 days after I moved in. But I couldn't be happier about it. So no the plan is to make the barn bigger. Going to put a 16ft leanto on the back of the barn I hope in the next month or so with plans to close it in next year.

Never done, Never satisfied..... same thing right?

Decided that, well I am a guy, so I need more garage. Or something close to that. So I will start with a roof. Maybe later something more than that. I don't like my vehicles sitting outside/uncovered. So making some more room for my truck. Started building myself a 14ft wide leanto. It is 9ft to the bottom of the joists on the post side 12ft on the house. Figured that way if I ever wanted to close it in I can easily run an 8ft door 10ft wide.

IMG_20150414_201909_718_zps7kpuaqis.jpg

Next up need to sheet it and put on the steel roof.

Nice! I would love to have a garage for our daily drivers.......we've only been here 35 years though....maybe someday. :eek:

Couldn't do without one. House already has an attached 2 car, this leanto is on the side of that. The 2 car is not deep enough to fit my truck, height is questionable too since the truck has a cap. This should remedy both parts of this. Also I think that if/when I close this in I should be able to fit the camper in the back sideways which would be nice. Maybe some other stuff too.

The new addition is off to a great start...[cl

Thank you! I am a one man machine, so it is slow going, but I do seem to manage. I was hoping to get farther last night, wanted to get the sheeting on, but after carrying all those joists up the ladder and nailing them in place I didn't feel like I had it in me to start throwing plywood up there.

proof the American dream can stiff happen :)

The American Dream!!!

Yes it can still happen, but only if you work for it! I have been working on this place for 18months now, working two jobs, invested nearly every spare dollar I had to get it to where I am.

I feel the urge for a mini rant on the "American Dream" but I believe I shall refrain!

None the less I got all the sheeting up, felt, and steel. Just need to trim it in now.

Latest posts

Back