Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Tech Tips!

Tech Tips! Share your kool tech tip.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:01 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Default upper rad hose filler neck/rad cap

for you guys that have a rad hose that loops up higher than the rad cap for whatever reason, you need a filler/bleeder at the highest point so there isnt any air in the system.
IMG_6622 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I found a filler neck with a rad cap from a 2003 Dodge durango V8 that comes with clamps for about $21 (cheaper online) Dorman 902-305 Upper Radiator Hose Coolant Filler

IMG_6786 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

remember to buy a higher pressure rad cap for your rad, I used a 20psi cap on the rad and the original 16 psi cap on the filler neck. it also works with the recovery system if you have one.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:02 AM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Probably not anything electrical on that device to fail, but If the name is "Dorman" on an electrical part, I'll pass, Thank you very much!

Autozone sells that brand and I deal with them alot, but just about every electrical device I built my truck with has failed. I went thru 2 headlight switches, 2 ignition switches, several simple toggles that all failed in normal use.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:51 AM
"There’s nothing new in originality"

I did this when I turned a "cross" flow rad into a "down" flow and the cap was at an awkward angle.
It looks like you had enough room to raise your rad and eliminate the bad hose angle but its only a pic. lol

'53 Build Link

"Its a catastrophic success"
Old 08-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

smallfoot, I got mine at autozone so it wasnt a dorman part, you can always go to your local parts counter and tell them 2003 dodge durang0 with a v8 and get one off the shelf. or use the dormsan part tp cross reference on rockauto etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakysnake View Post
It looks like you had enough room to raise your rad and eliminate the bad hose angle but its only a pic. lol

nope, the fan would have chopped the lower hose up. even the 19x22 I had in there first would have hit the fan blades.