'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heal up bob.
The build is looking great.
And I agree with smallfoots comment on the theater seats. A real PITA when watching a double feature.[ddd
Torchie

Finally got one of the movie theater seats to fit. Had to lower it, change the seat back angle (more upright), and narrow the seat back.

Made some carb spacers out of 1/2" thick aluminum and welded identical throttle arms on each carb. Using bicycle brake cables for throttle linkage. Most of the carb to gas pedal is done. Next is return spring brackets.

Attachments

• seat and carbs 049.jpg
    seat and carbs 049.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 60
  • seat and carbs 050.jpg
    seat and carbs 050.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 59
  • seat and carbs 051.jpg
    seat and carbs 051.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 60
Got the passenger seat cut to fit. Just have to mount them. I'm a little concerned I won't be able to get my old bones out of the seat, especially because the driver's door doesn't open.

Scored a 3.40 third member for the 8" Ford rear end. Most 8" rears seem to have a 2.79 ratio. The transmission is a MOPAR 4 speed with an overdrive 4th gear. With the low powered slant 6 I would never get beyond third gear with that 2.79 rear gear.

I have been going from one physical problem to another lately. For the last couple weeks I can hardly walk because of hip and leg pain in both legs. Feels like I ran a marathon. So I've been making throttle linkage, fuel lines to the carbs and rebuilding the carbs. It's all bench work and doesn't require much moving around.

Attachments

• Both Seats 001.jpg
    Both Seats 001.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Both Seats 003.jpg
    Both Seats 003.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 51
Bob, as we have said for years getting old ain't what we hoped it would be.

Have you pulled one of those 2100 carbs apart? Simple to work on.[P
I think you will like them on that slant motor & the 300.

Those are some old seats. Do you know where they came from? You will no doubt feel better when summer gets there. It will be 90 and 18% here tomorrow.
I have some arthritis so i will find a hot rock to lie on like a lizard. :D
I could use some hot rock time right now, too. :D

I took the Willys horn button out of the tail gate and now have a 3rd tail light, brake light and license plate light.
Rebuilt one carb. The other looked fine and doesn't need to be rebuilt. Made fuel lines and throttle return spring brackets.
I'm always complaining about health problems lately. Look back a few posts for more details. I've been off Lipitor for a week now. Also, I went to an orthopedic clinic and found I have arthritis in the inner hips and bursitis in the outer hips. Two cortisone shots later almost all the hip pain is gone. In fact, I feel less body pain everywhere. What a relief!! It's been years since I've been this pain free. Will have to find a substitute for the Lipitor.

E-Man, I bought a row of 5 movie theater seats off of Craigslist. Under a hundred bucks. There were several people selling them Not hard to find.

With the snow melting I turned my attention to assembling the dragster. So the roadster will sit for a while.

Attachments

• 3rd tail light 001.jpg
    3rd tail light 001.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 3rd tail light 003.jpg
    3rd tail light 003.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 75
Ya Bob, as I PM you, very glad you are feeling better.[cl

Those 2100's look nice on the slant 6 intake. Easy to work on.:D

Pictures of the dragster as it goes back together as you have time[P

Yes, smallfoot, just barely enough room to work the latches. I'll have to be careful when I bolt it down.

I went junkyarding at French Lake Thursday. Went for a pair of early Plymouth 16" steel wheels and got them. Skip is continually buying small hoards of collector and antique cars and parts so there is always something new to see/buy. I got the gauge pictured. Don't know what it's for but it is now in the roadster. Got some horseshoes too. Thinking of using them to protect the tail lights. What do you think?

Picked up a Jaguar hood mascot from Craigslist and mounted it on the radiator shell.
The roadster has got my attention and I keep picking away at it.

Medical Report: Still feeling great! No Lipitor. I walked the junkyard all day Thursday slipping and sliding in the mud. Climbed into the back of a dozen semi trailers (parts storage) and no aches nor pains. I'm so thankful. And thank you all for caring.

Attachments

• Misc stuff 003.jpg
    Misc stuff 003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Misc stuff 005.jpg
    Misc stuff 005.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 63
  • Misc stuff 006.jpg
    Misc stuff 006.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Misc stuff 007.jpg
    Misc stuff 007.jpg