'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little body work. A lot of beatin and bangin but it turned out pretty good
for a hack like me.
Dropped the nose 1 1/2", got the front end leveled out and fender brackets braced.

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2413.jpg
    IMG_2413.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2414.jpg
    IMG_2414.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2415.jpg
    IMG_2415.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2416.jpg
    IMG_2416.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 63
Flat and smooth, looks great. reminds me of my high school sweety[cl

I have no words for that soltz.;);)

Looks great Pops. Not bad for a hack.[S :D
I with you on the funding part as well Pops. My problems is that I have finally gotten to the place where I need some cash to really move forward.:(
But as my beloved wife likes to say to me. "Have we ever not been provided for".
And as usual, She is right.:D
Torchie.

I have no words for that soltz.;);)

Looks great Pops. Not bad for a hack.[S :D
I with you on the funding part as well Pops. My problems is that I have finally gotten to the place where I need some cash to really move forward.:(
But as my beloved wife likes to say to me. "Have we ever not been provided for".
And as usual, She is right.:D
Torchie.

Don't you just hate it when your bride says something like that and you have to admit that she's right.

My biggest problem is I get tunnel vision and I feel like I have to get this thing on the road right now. I don't know what the hurry is. It's not like I've got a dead line to meet.

Don't you just hate it when your bride says something like that and you have to admit that she's right.

My biggest problem is I get tunnel vision and I feel like I have to get this thing on the road right now. I don't know what the hurry is. It's not like I've got a dead line to meet.

I hear you Pops. I'm the same way. I just miss having something old and cool to drive.
Had I the bread there would be a runner in the driveway and a project in the shop........
Torchie.

Progress

I got the steering column mounted, steering shaft to box figured out, and modified the transmission shifting linkage out of the '99 to work.
Cleaned and primed the glove box door and mocked up the instrument panel.

I spent 4 hrs straightening and polishing the stainless trim for the nose. What a pain in the rear. I need one of the small horizontal pieces if any body has one. I may have to make one.

Going to get the floor done next week, then pull the cab off again and patch fire wall holes, patch the filler neck hole and do a little rust repair to the back of the cab. I hope to get the cab sand blasted and primed by this time next week. That's the plan at least, we'll see if it works out.

Attachments

• IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2430.jpg
    IMG_2430.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2436.jpg
    IMG_2436.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2441 (2).JPG
    IMG_2441 (2).JPG
    203 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 40
That's gonna make a great driving truck.
I like the layout of the gauge panel.

I hope so. I want it to be nice so my bride will cruise with me. She
doesn't "enjoy" my Rat as much as I do.

I need some big gauges that I can see at a glance. The old eyes aren't
what they used to be.

Latest posts

Back