96 GMC rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...I hope it doesn't look like mallard green..

Years back when I was working in the auto body stuff, i hated the colors mallard green and desert beige. I painted many many with that color and I got to hate em. back in the 60's and early 70's all Ford trucks seemed to be mallard green. heeheh

am going for a really dark green.....I know the colors your talking about...they were on a crap ton of vehicle.....

Puke (mallard) green is the was worst color ever until someone painted their truck dusty pink. If you ever lived on a gravel road, you know why they came up with Desert Beige.

Sarge - you'll have to post a pic of your front end with the headlights in and the hood on. I don't think the rear will be too 'busy'. Get the window in first. The chop looks good! I wish you'd hurry up though. [ddd

You and me both.....!!!!

Puke (mallard) green is the was worst color ever until someone painted their truck dusty pink. If you ever lived on a gravel road, you know why they came up with Desert Beige.

Sarge - you'll have to post a pic of your front end with the headlights in and the hood on. I don't think the rear will be too 'busy'. Get the window in first. The chop looks good! I wish you'd hurry up though. [ddd

I have commited to getting the bed on and it off the rack this weekend.....besides, I need to get it outside to blow off all the sanding dust or if I weld it's going to spontaneously combust...:eek: 10-4 on the not too busy...I'll have to set the hood back on after it's outside...still haven't committed to cutting the hood areas for the louvers....I have 4 panels but I think I'll only be able to fit in two.....have to see...

I know I haven't posted anything lately on this so...

I still haven't put the bed back on or gotten the thing outside...I've done some things to it when I'm not working on something else....been helping the kid keep his rig going since he went into business for himself...CF Transport...B trains and 8 axle flat bed...hauling a lot of block around Michigan...has a Kenworth 900...nice truck....anyway....here's a shot of those lovely louver panels that Cornfield Customs made up for me....got them tacked in...

Attachments

• Louvers tacked in.jpg
    Louvers tacked in.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 113
I think I am speaking for the whole group when I say:

1.) Assemble pieces of vehicle that are completed
2.) Push this "contraption" out of the shop during the day light
3.) Walk 30 ft diagonally away from the front driver side corner of the unit.
4.) Turn around and face said unit.
5.) Take a picture
6.) Post on RRR for all your friends to see.
7.) Push unit back into shop.
8.) Return to work.

Thank You

[P [P [P

You make me laugh!!!!!

I think I am speaking for the whole group when I say:

1.) Assemble pieces of vehicle that are completed
2.) Push this "contraption" out of the shop during the day light
3.) Walk 30 ft diagonally away from the front driver side corner of the unit.
4.) Turn around and face said unit.
5.) Take a picture
6.) Post on RRR for all your friends to see.
7.) Push unit back into shop.
8.) Return to work.

Thank You

[P [P [P

OK OK OK.....I'll try to do just that!!! I promise I won't send anymore bits and pieces....LOL.....[cl

HOLY CRAP GUYs!!

Nothin like ganging up on a guy!!!! :eek: LOL.... Plate is a bit full right now ...:( but I am hoping that if nothing else, I can throw the bed on, hang the doors and get it outside with the hood sitting in place by Sunday afternoon so I can satisfy the masses...lol...You guys are worse than my wife!!! Yesterday.....(of course it's been almost a year) :(:(...always has to be done Yesterday!!! LOL If it's any consolation, it's sitting on it's wheels and tires....? [cl

The sad part is we are all on here heckling you and not out building our junk!:D

Latest posts

Back