Build your own Bomber seats - Part 1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work. By the way Bob Villa couldn't build a thought, Norm Abrams has all the tools.

did ya ever watch the camera following Bob Villa around but ahead of him and notice the workers had this "OOPS here he comes stop talking about him" thing going on?

I worked with this guy Darrel that had a boatload of talent and nerve.
I watched him take a drink out of the wrong cup one time and try to act like he didn't notice he just swallered stale pop and a waterbug

He learned carpentry in Alabama working in the shipyards.
He'd say "It has to look good! straight, plumb, and level... don't mean nothing on a boat"
He's come get you when you were smack on the other side of the job and say something like "c'mere all y'all gotta check this out... this is really messed up"
You'd walk all the way over and he'd point at something and say what do you think about that?
Naturally there was nothing wrong you'd say to him "that looks perfect what's messed up about it"
And He'd say "I did that! Ain't it beautimous? ... what's messed up is why can't all y'all do half that good?"
One time he told me I "had a high tech intellect and low tech skills"
He was an ace at punking you out and it used to scorch me off but I got used to it and he really was talented and a good guy. He'd only mess with you like that if he liked you. If he didn't respect you he just wouldn't talk to you.

One of the things he used to do is if you were on a job and the two of you were alone in a room with people outside he'd hollar "WOULD YOU STOP TOUCHING ME" just before you walked out for more material.
I used to dread working with that guy and I really miss working with that guy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back