41 chevy axle in a model a ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docrock100

I am building a model a project. I don't have original axles. I do have a 41 chevy front axle. I am mounting the axle in its original location so there are some issues. The frame is set up for 4 bar link. So my thought is take a chevy truck leaf spring mount it transverse make a perch to attach it, some how incorporate a bracket that will hold the 4 bar links and setup some shocks. sounds like a lot of fabing but, what do you think? Any pics or links to other projects would be great

I've used this same axle before and mounted it in a Ford sorta style and when you tidy them up, they look great, already having a 4" drop built in.
I dunno how to post the link to it so you'll have to search for it in the builds section - Black Rat 55 -

I've used this same axle before and mounted it in a Ford sorta style and when you tidy them up, they look great, already having a 4" drop built in.
I dunno how to post the link to it so you'll have to search for it in the builds section - Black Rat 55 -

Thank you zzrodder. That was an awesome build as I remember. I will check out the axle pics.

I went thru pics on both sites. Do you have any close ups of the attachment? And the shock perch? The look very cool. I like the air bag setup too.

Latest posts

Back