Bandsaw vise helper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

401ton

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I got this idea from a friend of mine using some all-thread a threaded piece of steel to help a vise on a Band saw when you're trying to clamp a too small piece in it.

I just used a 1/2" bolt with a flange nut to take up the slack on the other side of the vise to keep it from coming loose.

100_0548.jpg

100_0551.jpg

100_0550.jpg

He also has been using a small 4-6" Harbor Freight drill press vise with the sides milled or cut off and installed in the band saw to hold lengthwise pieces of stock to cut them.

That is a good idea. We usually jam a similarly wide piece of steel in the back so the vise will grip the short piece without swiveling, but I like this better and it adjusts to whatever width you need. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to whip one of those up.:)

Funny how there are a million ways to do something and you never think of them until someone tells you about it.

Don

That is a good idea. We usually jam a similarly wide piece of steel in the back so the vise will grip the short piece without swiveling, but I like this better and it adjusts to whatever width you need. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to whip one of those up.:)

Funny how there are a million ways to do something and you never think of them until someone tells you about it.

Don

My thoughts exactly.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I got this idea from a friend of mine using some all-thread a threaded piece of steel to help a vise on a Band saw when you're trying to clamp a too small piece in it.

I just used a 1/2" bolt with a flange nut to take up the slack on the other side of the vise to keep it from coming loose.

100_0548.jpg

100_0551.jpg

100_0550.jpg

He also has been using a small 4-6" Harbor Freight drill press vise with the sides milled or cut off and installed in the band saw to hold lengthwise pieces of stock to cut them.

Great tech tip.[cl[cl

Glad you guys liked the tip. My buddy Russel (retired guy) is always making up some bracket or contraption. I never take the time to then came up with the flange nut so I didn't have to.

I'll have to get a pic of his vise setup sometime too.

Bruce

Latest posts

Back