Never drive in the rain or ice with cruise control on!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it'll break the wheels loose going up hills to maintain the set speed in icy or very wet roads, had it happen before. Wife's Grand Caravan, has the cruise linked by computer to the brakes, if your going 10 over the set speed downhill it will apply the brakes to slow you down.
Brian

30 years ago I worked at a GM dealership, a customer lost it and took a side trip over a snowbank, through the ditch and into a field with their full size Pontiac. After that episode the complaint was a vibration or shimmy. I had the brilliant idea to put it on the hoist, and run it up to 40 or so and hit the cruise so I could check for bent rims or driveshaft etc. Never got the chance, as soon as I hit the 'set' button all hell broke loose. The throttle firewalled and released, did it again, and once again for a total of three cycles so fast no one had a chance to react, except maybe crap their drawers. It kicked itself off and came back to an idle, but it was quite violent while it happened. I can see how the same thing can happen with any lose of traction when driving, and it might feel like your flying to some, by that time your just a passenger anyway, heading for parts unknown.

Latest posts

Back