Seatbelt Latch Other Uses

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats an old mopar idea. They used lengths of seatbelt as window cranks on the original factory hemi dart and cuda racers. :)

68 hemi dart

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 150
I need something as a stop to keep the doors from swinging too far open. I saw one guy had used a short length of the seatbelt bolted to the jamb and the door which kept it from going too far. Bet it was a lot cheaper than the hard-to-come-by original steel and rubber parts--IF you can find them.

THe seatbelts will work for the door straps.When you cut them heat up a small socket with a torch and burn the holes in them .They will not ravel out.You could use a old leather belt for straps. Just an idea.

THe seatbelts will work for the door straps.When you cut them heat up a small socket with a torch and burn the holes in them .They will not ravel out.You could use a old leather belt for straps. Just an idea.
a damn GOOD idea! I like it better than the seatbelt idea too. [cl

This one was on a Jeep.

This Jeep was built by (and still belongs to) one of my old High School buds. He built the entire tub himself, by hand, from scratch.[;) It was a total rustbucket when he bought it.... It is, in fact, one "COOLJEEP.":cool::D It's even more beautiful in person than the photos show.

He also has a second one he built, it's just not "quite" as fancy.;)

Funny (and cool) seeing a pic of an Ontario car here.

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back