need gas tank boiled an coated locally

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59ponchorat

just bought 64 caddy and need the tank boiled out and coated..anybody got sources near greenville south carolina..im ready to drive this ship..thanks

don't coat it

I own a radiator shop out in OR, and we clean out tanks all the time. I would stay away from coating your tank. it makes it impossible to work on it after it's been sealed. You could clean it yourself, you need to get a couple cups of caustic soda, fill the tank with water and let er sit for 3-4 days. should be clean after that depending on how bad it is. if not just do it again. put gas in it after that and don't bother coating it hope this helps. if you do coat it get a really good one. iv'e seen the coating not stick after a while and clog up lines and filter like crazy.

I own a radiator shop out in OR, and we clean out tanks all the time. I would stay away from coating your tank. it makes it impossible to work on it after it's been sealed. You could clean it yourself, you need to get a couple cups of caustic soda, fill the tank with water and let er sit for 3-4 days. should be clean after that depending on how bad it is. if not just do it again. put gas in it after that and don't bother coating it hope this helps. if you do coat it get a really good one. iv'e seen the coating not stick after a while and clog up lines and filter like crazy.

What he said. If you do coat it, I have had the best luck with some stuff called Red Kote. It is really thick and transluscent red. Like with any coating , the tank has to be clean and dry. Most coatings out there will not hold up. If you can get it clean ,coating is nt necessary. Harley Davidson used to coat their tanks , but no linger because of the liners coming loose. Good luck

Latest posts

Back