proper rear end....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy26

I been reading all the different threads on here about rear end sizes and fittings, I am currently looking for mine and just dont want to buy the wrong one. The widest part of my body is 54.5 inches wide,and would like to find a 5 lug on 5.5 bolt pattern. So what would I add or measure for a rear end to clear the body with the wheels and tires. If it helps I am trying to go with 16x4.5 inch wheel and prolly the 650 cokers. Thank you in advance.

Add at least an inch each side for tires.
The easiest way and the way I do it all the time is get the wheels and tires first then the calculations are real easy because back spacing and offset can change it all very quickly.

Measurements

Murphy if you will go to http://www.quickperformance.com/ and then scroll down to technical information,then open suspension measurements. They have a hell of a lot of info in there with regards to housing lengths and from axle flange to flange measurements. I've found it to be quite helpful in the past. They also have front track width for front frame section clips. Check it out and put in your favorites !

Murphy if you will go to http://www.quickperformance.com/ and then scroll down to technical information,then open suspension measurements. They have a hell of a lot of info in there with regards to housing lengths and from axle flange to flange measurements. I've found it to be quite helpful in the past. They also have front track width for front frame section clips. Check it out and put in your favorites !

That a good chart. But you will find out that the Maverick rears can be from 56 1/2 to 58 inches. Ran into that more then once.

Pulled three Maverick rears out of a yard in one day and had three different length.

found one today perfect fit, blood sweat, and sweat....but i think it will be worth it in the long run! came out of a f-150 lightning with posi and 4-10's should work great.

Rear end

The one I used in mine was a 95 F150 3.55 locker. The reason I decided to use the Ford because I am using the 20" spares from under a late model Dodge. The only drawback from that is the cast iron center section. Won't matter if your doing a leaf spring suspension. We went across the top with a tubular brace for mounting the upper third link.

Attachments

• zzzz 134.jpg
    zzzz 134.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back